Gateway-Like Floating Menu Homebrew -

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by leerz, Oct 5, 2016.

1. leerz
    OP

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    Apologies for the Clickbait
    I'm quite curious regarding how this was implemented, I've yet to see any homebrew doing something similar esp. now that we almost have full blown access.

for the non-GW users, I'm referring to the Window that will popup so you can traverse which games will be mirrored on the game cart.

won't it be awesome to have homebrew doing stuff like this say "free space of sd" - "using luma3ds versionxx" or a homemenu ftpserver?

with that, also, maybe a homebrew launcher in this form? to launch our 3dsx stuff :)

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

ArmoredGuns1 likes this.
  2. haazet

haazet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    United States
    I do like the menu to navigate games besides the weird 3D glitch effect it has when scrolling. Also kind of on topic but it would be great if Luma just reverse engineered Gateways thing and let me use my Gateway on Luma for a couple reasons

-I use my Gateway since I already it as second storage to try out new games since I don't have to install them or delete them through the menu. And can just try 5 or so games and delete them quickly all with the system on the home menu or whatever

- .3ds support allows me to use my Unity builds .cci by just renaming to .3ds. And throw on the gateway SD with system running

- Cheats but not sure if still superior to ntr

Would be great to ditch launching gateway mode and it be a handy little device yo use with Luma

3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ntr doesn't really have cheats, it has plugins, which are more powerful in reality, and we can make cheats into a plugin.
    but yes gateway's cheat search/cheat system is very good, ntr doesn't have anything nice where we can search for cheats in real time etc.
    so gw is the best for cheats.

4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I'm almost positive someone attempted to RE the menu and made something similar recently... I just can't remember who!

5. Trolling

Trolling This Username is taken. Problem?

Jul 29, 2012
    Netherlands
    Behind you
    Let me guess, the Salt team.

cearp likes this.
  6. haazet

haazet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    United States
    I think I remember a comment or something about rxtools wanting to implement it.

Edit:Reinand

Last edited by haazet, Oct 5, 2016
    KiiWii likes this.
  7. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    Yeah, I remember that. Of course, this could be false, and it would definitely not be reverse engineered for the public by these guys.