Hacking gateway from realhotstuff.com

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>before reading this entire thing let me make one thing clear..you should definantly order from this company if you plan on getting a gateway they have been completely understanding and will respond within a day of your messaged issues they also ship incredibly fast i have had 2 issues with one order and yes that sucks but they have been GREAT SERVICE i repeat order from this website!<<

Ok so I ordered 2 gateway 3ds card sets the first one I received in the mail was missing the white/red card the second one I received worked fine..I sent a message to realhotstuff they agreed to send me a replacement for my missing red/white card..I got it in the mail today and to my surprise (and damn was I pissed) it doesn't work..wouldn't read a game first off and when I ran a diagnosis test they all failed could anyone point me towards what could be an issue I messaged them about it and I expect some kind of reply back but I worry they will feel I'm lying as this would be the second replacement card I received if they sent one.. Has anyone else had a problem like this in the past?
Edit:>> ORDER FROM realhotstuff.com look i contacted them and in a day they agreed to replace the cart and send me a package to ship the defect back in long story short GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND UNDERSTANDING SELLER if your going to buy a gateway from the web buy from realhotstuff they are very understanding and a great seller http://www.realhotstuff.com/Gateway-3DS_p_148.html its currently $73.50 as of this post/edit and insurance on shipping is only around $1.60! great company!

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im not and its pissing me off I purchased this item twice and have only received an item and a half if u can call it that..

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I usually do too.. the problem is the card they sent to replace the one that was missing was shoved in a DS card case and didn't have the extra dent that they 3ds carts have...it must have had some pressure..it wont work..i ran diagnostics and it doesn't detect fpga or w.e even..NOTHING passes but realhotstuff has always been good to me..very fast and very friendly

updated as they have agreed to send me a replacement and a package to send back the defective cart!

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my Gateway 3DS from RHS as well a few months ago. I had no issues, shipping was very fast and product worked flawlessly. I can recommend them as well for US purchases.

Reactions: crazyace2011

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
They fucked me over on returning my bricked 3DS using GW's RMA procedure, which is supposed to be done via the vendor you purchased it off. They ignored my emails on 3 occasions and I had to do it directly with GW themselves, which cost me way more in shipping to China than it would have been to the USA Real Hot Stuff warehouse. I wont be using their site again for anything.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I see it as long as you order from a reputable gateway reseller which you did I would of thought it would have no issues and be a sound buy, I ordered from Teensy and came the next day in the post recorded delivery! I have heard some other non-reputable online outlets are selling Gateway clones, that's probably why there is a big price difference between the sites :( I have only heard this I don't know 110% for sure.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I see it as long as you order from a reputable gateway reseller which you did I would of thought it would have no issues and be a sound buy, I ordered from Teensy and came the next day in the post recorded delivery! I have heard some other non-reputable online outlets are selling Gateway clones, that's probably why there is a big price difference between the sites :( I have only heard this I don't know 110% for sure.

I used them because they were cheaper due to the pound vs the dollar and it worked out better, as the price I paid with them + a 8GB micro SD, it would have been the same with Teensy but without the SD card. So, I got the SD card for free if you look at it like that. Also, I had issues with the GW card seeing the roms, so now makes me think the card was faulty (OP mentioned it above about Rom issue) but never got around to actually knowing that due to getting BRICKED on 2.0b2 the morning I received it.

Reactions: MorphaX

MorphaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you seen when you enter Gateway 3DS diagnostic Firmware 2b2 you will brick you console my friend'd happened that to him I really have R4i Gold and i use first firmware and it works fine,but when i enter R4i diagnostic it gives no no no no :lol:
But is works perfect when i already did diagnostic and it never got frozen or got blue screen and you have to know gateway 3ds team had caused brick other people console Intentionally :hateit:

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok first off realhotstuff.com isn't a fake site lucky for me when I was running diag I had already switched back to 2.01b and I've not had issues other than the ones up top that I mentioned

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my DS Slot 2 flash cart from realhotstuff about 3-4 years ago and I recommend them. The shipping process was fast too.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bought my gateway and my dstwo from RHS ,they are a great site if you are in the US and especially if you are on the east coast, my cards came super fast, in 3 days about

shame about the bricked users though i guess they dont want to bother getting involved
gateways agreement with their resellers is not that concrete obviously as to what they are required to do as far as providing support for GW customers

koruwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bought my GW from them a few weeks ago and have been enjoying games on 2.0b1 with no issues since then. My GW arrived within a week of ordering.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound like a scammer to me.

Yeah, because Chinese pirates are known to manufacture quality electronics and have a great quality-assurance and testing program at both their R&D and manufacturing facility to ensure defective products do not get shipped to consumers. . . .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: