OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i recently got a gateway but i cant get it to work
every time i try to select a rom it says "filesystem error"

i already tried with different microsd cards and formatting them with the panasonic sd formatter and that stuff, also i've tried both exFAT and FAT32 more than once

anyone knows how to solve this error?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the roms may be fragmented, try copying them 1 by 1 and not all at once or use teracopy to copy all at once, windows copy function may fragment files, when it copies multiple at the same time

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

oslash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
due to the country im living in, theres no reseller to contact to
the guy who selled it to me said it worked fine before giving it to me but i find that strange since i had to update the red card when i first booted in gateway mode

it is possible to run the 2.2(omega) version without updating the red card?
it will be a hell of a problem if this thing is faulty

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
due to the country im living in, theres no reseller to contact to
the guy who selled it to me said it worked fine before giving it to me but i find that strange since i had to update the red card when i first booted in gateway mode

it is possible to run the 2.2(omega) version without updating the red card?
it will be a hell of a problem if this thing is faulty

I just had this exact same error when pulling up the multi-rom menu.. I had to send it back for replacement as I was able to load my SD card into my second Gateway without problems. Have you tried to run the gateway diagnostic utility to see what it says about the SD card? You typically need to load the gateway from the gateway menu the first time you run 2.2 in order to update the cart.. try to return it to that guy you bought it off of because I think it is history.

oslash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just had this exact same error when pulling up the multi-rom menu.. I had to send it back for replacement as I was able to load my SD card into my second Gateway without problems. Have you tried to run the gateway diagnostic utility to see what it says about the SD card? You typically need to load the gateway from the gateway menu the first time you run 2.2 in order to update the cart.. try to return it to that guy you bought it off of because I think it is history.
Yes i tried, it fails with all my sd cards
So you re saying that a software update broke the hardware? that doesnt make sense

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you re saying that a software update broke the hardware? that doesnt make sense

I did not say that the software update broke your card.. You asked: "it is possible to run the 2.2(omega) version without updating the red card?". I was saying that you would've needed to update the red card when you ran 2.2 for the first time.. whether it was this update that broke the card or not, I have no idea... however it is a form of flashing which has its risks so saying "that doesnt make sense" is false. It could have been broken before you even ran the 2.2 update. All I can tell you is that I had the same error with one of my gateways (which was just updated to 2.2) but the same SD was working when i loaded it into my other working gateway (which was also just updated to 2.2). It appears to me that your gateway is defective and would need to be replaced, just like mine.:hateit:

Reactions: Count Duckula
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

The omega update regprograms the actual logic of the FPGA chip in the red gateway. It's not just a launcher software update.
It's possible that the card was faulty all along. The update could either have caused or just exposed the fault.

You could try wedging paper between the cart and the 3ds to try to 'push' the unit together and maybe put pressure on the micosd. Theres a small chance that may help (if its a card contacts issue) but most likely you are going to need to arrange a replacement or refund I'm afraid.

These are not high quality products. My first gateway died after a week or so, all the diagnostic tests failed and the gateway menu would tell me to instert the red card when trying to enter gateway mode. My 2nd one has been OK so far (touch wood). It's a dodgy piracy device from an unknown chinese manufacturer, you're really accepting the risk when you purchase.

Reactions: SaggyBeans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...