Hacking Gateway Downgrading

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i'm running into problems getting into the eshop with emunand! so might want to hold off... although my biggest concern was losing my saves...will update once I figure out what's going on.

Did you have any progress? After downgrading NNID disappears from sysnand, right? Since it came on a later firmware than 4.5.

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've downgraded my 9.2 USA 3DS to 4.2 successfully. Notes:

* When installing the blue card exploit, the asterisks froze, but closing the 3DS lid and re-opening it fixed the problem.
* I had sysnand and emunand unlinked. I set up NNID on sysnand, and so was able to use eshop on my 9.4 emunand. After downgrading, I was still able to use eshop in my 9.4 emunand

So you can use eshop normaly after downgrading with unlinked sysnand to emunand? That is great

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you can use eshop normaly after downgrading with unlinked sysnand to emunand? That is great

Yes, I can access eshop from my 9.4 emunand after downgrading. The key is after you unlink sysnand and emunand (and eshop stops working), fix that first by setting up NNID in sysnand. Then double check that eshop works again from emunand.

Once that's done, then you can go ahead and downgrade.

See also https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-downgrading.378195/page-26#post-5271396

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes, I can access eshop from my 9.4 emunand after downgrading. The key is after you unlink sysnand and emunand (and eshop stops working), fix that first by setting up NNID in sysnand. Then double check that eshop works again from emunand.

Once that's done, then you can go ahead and downgrade.

See also https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-downgrading.378195/page-26#post-5271396

I have already done this. I can use eshop now normally.
I read on the first page that for PAL downgrade you get an update nag and you have to format sysnand again :S
I don't know how will eshop behave after that...
Is this true about PAL downgrade?
Anyone knows?

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have already done this. I can use eshop now normally.
I read on the first page that for PAL downgrade you get an update nag and you have to format sysnand again :S
I don't know how will eshop behave after that...
Is this true about PAL downgrade?
Anyone knows?

Oh ok sorry i didn't realize you had a PAL 3DS. I have a US 3DS so i don't have update nag

But my guess is that you can safely system format 4.x sysnand without breaking eshop access on 9.4 emunand. When you do system format earlier, it was from 4.5+ sysnand, which knows about NNID. Part of that system format tells Nintendo's servers that your NNID is unlinked and doesn't belong to any 3DS... that's why you can't use eshop from emunand. Cuz nintendo's servers know the NNID is gone

But in 4.x system, there is no NNID at all, so I don't think formating it will affect your eshop access

But don't quote me on this, I'm just guessing here

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh ok sorry i didn't realize you had a PAL 3DS. I have a US 3DS so i don't have update nag

But my guess is that you can safely system format 4.x sysnand without breaking eshop access on 9.4 emunand. When you do system format earlier, it was from 4.5+ sysnand, which knows about NNID. Part of that system format tells Nintendo's servers that your NNID is unlinked and doesn't belong to any 3DS... that's why you can't use eshop from emunand. Cuz nintendo's servers know the NNID is gone

But in 4.x system, there is no NNID at all, so I don't think formating it will affect your eshop access

But don't quote me on this, I'm just guessing here

Ok.
One last question. If I format sysnand after downgrading will it create a 3rd nand folder on my SD?
Because at the moment I have them already unlinked so there are already 2 of them.
Or should I format with my sd card IN the 3ds so it formats the separated sysnand?

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok.
One last question. If I format sysnand after downgrading will it create a 3rd nand folder on my SD?
Because at the moment I have them already unlinked so there are already 2 of them.
Or should I format with my sd card IN the 3ds so it formats the separated sysnand?

to be safe i'd probably just leave the SD card out of the 3DS. That way the system format cannot touch the SD at all.

I think later you can just manually delete the extra nand folder from a computer

Again i haven't actually tried this, so i'm not 100% sure about this. If you're brave enough to try it, let us know how it turns out

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok
Just downgraded and I can go into eshop normally!
And no update nag on 4.5 so I don't need another sysnand format! YEY!
Now that I installed the blue card exploit do I need to have blue card in 3ds each time I go to nintendo ds profile to run the exploit?

EDIT: I just tried and it seems you don't need to place the blue card in 3ds to boot gateway mode so that is GREAT!!!

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep everything perfect :)
Now every retard that is selling a used 4.5 3ds on ebay for 300euro can enjoy :P haha
nah they don't have to worry...
look i sold my new 3ds ambassador order for 265€ while they could bid it for 200 with less than one day before the end

OriginalFool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's another confirmation 9.2U Pikachu 3DS XL to 4.2U.
Man that initial boot up took far too long for my nerves.

Edit: Done without a gateway card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth