Hacking Gateway compatibility

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have two questions. is the gateway compatible with all firmware versions (I had heard that it was, now, but I need confirmation that it's not restricted to what was it 4.10 or something like that). also, does it work with all games or no? thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure my 3ds is 7.xx. iirc, nintendo blocked gateway, but I had thought that gateway found a way around it. does it work with all games? I'm not updating anymore.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but do all games work even ones that have updates or require later firmware?

this is what confused me; taken from their website:
* Full support for firmware 7.1 (including saving and emunand GW3D indicator, etc.)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only games within that range or that's all u can use to use the gateway. I just checked. I'm on 6.2.

btw, that's still one game, yes?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gateway will only work to launch 3DS ROMs if the system firmware is version 4.1-4.5. One of the features of the Gateway (and clones of the Gateway) is called emuNAND, which is an emulated system firmware (think of it like dual booting the 3DS system firmware and the emuNAND). The emuNAND is capable of being updated to newer 3DS firmwares without fear of affecting the 3DS' main system NAND (which should always be on v4.1-4.5). What you read on their website is that the newest firmware provided full support for emuNAND version 7.1, this means the 3DS' main firmware (the system NAND) should still be versions 4.1-4.5 in order to even launch the emuNAND.

Even with emuNAND, Gateway users should wait to update it until it's been confirmed to be functional, which is why the team made it a point to announce the 7.1 emuNAND compatibility on their website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM