Gaming Gateway Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I tried my luck finding cheats in Rune Factory 4 (since the NTR cheats are not working for the US or Undub Version)
I got the money offset easy (and the prince points wont be an issue too)
But what I actually really need is a code vor infinite Stamina (an maybe inf HP). The Stamina bar actually has a value to it. But after the 3rd or 4th exact value search GW cant find any hits (i tried signed an unsigned searches too).

So I was wondering if a code like infinite stamina is even possible (like with the NTR cheat) or is GW not abled to do stuff like that.

(and yeah I would kindly request such a cheat for GW)

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I tried my luck finding cheats in Rune Factory 4 (since the NTR cheats are not working for the US or Undub Version)
I got the money offset easy (and the prince points wont be an issue too)
But what I actually really need is a code vor infinite Stamina (an maybe inf HP). The Stamina bar actually has a value to it. But after the 3rd or 4th exact value search GW cant find any hits (i tried signed an unsigned searches too).

So I was wondering if a code like infinite stamina is even possible (like with the NTR cheat) or is GW not abled to do stuff like that.

(and yeah I would kindly request such a cheat for GW)
Gw can do that. You will have to search (unsigned) for all 3 types (8 bit, 16 bit and 32 bit) unknown. You have no idea if the value of the bar is under 255, or if it's more than that, or if it's huge.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first and third line write are 32-bit write inductions. The value that @dsrules marked in bold is 16-bit. Unless you're certain the address really holds a 32-bit value this could potentially be dangerous.
I was 100% certain they were 32-bit values. I even marked them down as such on my notes.

Last edited by Godson777,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I was thinking,anyway to trigger shiny Pokemon using cheats?

Shiny Pokemon appears if it match the trainer id with the shiny value.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was 100% certain they were 32-bit values. I even marked them down as such on my notes.
If you're 100% sure they're 32 bit it is OK, probably even a good idea to use a 32 bit write.

To see if it is 32 bit try setting the less significant 16 bits to 0, and the more significant 16 bits to anything. If the result gives you a value higher than 0, it is 32 bit.

Example:
006E843A 01000000

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, see, for some reason, it's a 32 bit address, but if it goes over 999, the game will crash in certain areas.

The game is really weird how it handles certain things.
How do you know it's a 32-bit value that the address stores? The way you describe makes it sound to me that it's more likely a 16 bit value and the other 16-bit belong to another part of the game.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know it's a 32-bit value that the address stores? The way you describe makes it sound to me that it's more likely a 16 bit value and the other 16-bit belong to another part of the game.
All the addresses for stats are right next to each other, I assumed they were 16bit at first, but when I went two addresses forward to edit the next stat, I ended up editing the same stat instead. Which is how I learned it was a 32bit address.

It's not that it can't go over 999, it just bugs or crashes whenever you do so.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All the addresses for stats are right next to each other, I assumed they were 16bit at first, but when I went two addresses forward to edit the next stat, I ended up editing the same stat instead. Which is how I learned it was a 32bit address.

It's not that it can't go over 999, it just bugs or crashes whenever you do so.

So setting 01000000 as value will not result in 0? In that case a 32-bit write is correct. Again, if you're certain that the bits with the higher significance are not actually part of some other stats your 32-bit write isn't wrong.

Admittedly, one could argue that even though the address actually holds a 32-bit value, the maximum you can reach is 999 which can be declared using 16-bits only. The upper 16-bits will - if that rule applies - Always be 0, so there's no point setting these. I guess that's the reasoning dsrules goes by. Not wrong, either, just a different approach.

There are arguments to validate the use of a 32-bit write as well, though: If the game crashes when the upper 16-bit aren't set to zero, we should definitely make sure they are by setting them every time we manipulate around their vicinity.

So yeah, whichever you prefer, both is good to me. [emoji3]

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I was thinking,anyway to trigger shiny Pokemon using cheats?

Shiny Pokemon appears if it match the trainer id with the shiny value.
i was thinking, the shiny Pokemon is tied to your shiny value
The shiny value for each trainer is different from each other
Then shiny value is 4-5 numbers , you can get it using pkhex.
The value of the shiny Pokemon determined once you encounter a Pokemon

So, if you activate the code and mode it to match your id, it should make any Pokemon you encounter is shiny.

This is what i have right now, my coding is bad so i am asking for your help.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For "Mario & Luigi Dream Team" US version codes: If I read the previous posts correctly, the Max DEF code can crash the game because it uses both 16 and 32bit values? Are the other codes that are posted safe? I am really confused about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @K3Nv2 https://youtu.be/_b_WmfLhnMM?si=1GZF2ULEvDAH418O +1