Gateway Brick Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by amppp, Apr 9, 2014.

1. amppp
    OP

amppp Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    I got an MT-Card but since it broke using the updater I'm planning on switching to a Gateway. I heard a lot about the bricks cause by using multiple cards and was just wondering if using Gateway after having previously installed MT-Card on the 3ds might cause issues? Or is it just the other way round? Thanks!

2. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    It shouldn't matter, if there is still brick code it would be based on the current launcher.dat on the SD card, not what you had previously.

However I believe it was mentioned by some developers that from their looking through the code, they couldn't find any bricking code (at least so far).

3. sabykos

sabykos GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2013
    Gambia, The
  4. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Still included, but is much more secure now. In other words, it should be less likely to trigger the bricking code on genuine Gateway carts.

5. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    mznova likes this.
  6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Do you really think that profi200 is related to ProjectPokemon? He might be wrong sometimes but he works independend from ProjectPokemon and he has much more knowledge than you have.

SignZ likes this.