Hacking Gateway Blue cart

Ohad1th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have N3DS XL and I want to play some DS games , so after finding out that the 3DS DS emulator just got scrapped and my DS TWO supercard is lost , I wanted to see if I have hope lol
I had Gateway before upgrading to A9LH , and I remember that once it was used for DS games , but I never touched the blue cart and I can't find anything about this cart online
How do I play DS games on my N3DS using the blue card , or any other method not including buying a new card

Ohad1th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Try it.
If it doesn't work, try bluecardfix.cia. (Probably available in the Gateway download)

well I wanted to try , but I don't know how it works since I never actually tried to make it to work lol
and what does the fix cia does ?
Did you do any of those ?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Bluecardfix.cia replaces the flashcart whitelist, reenabling old flashcarts.

It shouldn't be necessary if you're running an up to date CFW like Luma.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave my blue cart away to a friend. She has an o3DS A9LH+Luma3DS setup, and it works just fine for her. There was no need to use the bluecardfix.cia since Luma3DS automatically does patching to allow older flashcarts to work.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
what @brigcaster said, you just need to put the blue card files (the r4 menu and etc) inside, put roms and done
the gateway blue card is just a variant of the r4 card

if it shows the "an error as ocurred" screen, which very likely won't appear, that means the 3ds knows it's a flashcart and prevents you from using it, to fix that you just have to replace the cards list for example with bluecardfix.cia

Last edited by migles,

Ohad1th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
You just paste the necessary files from the GW compressed download file at the root of the sd card of the flashcard, as well as your ds backups.
what @brigcaster said, you just need to put the blue card files (the r4 menu and etc) inside, put roms and done
the gateway blue card is just a variant of the r4 card

if it shows the "an error as ocurred" screen, which very likely won't appear, that means the 3ds knows it's a flashcart and prevents you from using it, to fix that you just have to replace the cards list for example with bluecardfix.cia

So I copy the blue card (R4I) folder from the official release into the micro sd card inside the blue card , put some roms on the root and put it in ?
Do I need to put anything in the SD card of the 3DS itself ?

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So I copy the blue card (R4I) folder from the official release into the micro sd card inside the blue card , put some roms on the root and put it in ?
Do I need to put anything in the SD card of the 3DS itself ?
nah, like i said, it's just like an r4...
put the files in, create a folder for your games or shove the roms to the root as you like..
launch the cart like you do with a ds cart and go

the original DS doesn't even have a sd card!

Ohad1th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
nah, like i said, it's just like an r4...
put the files in, create a folder for your games or shove the roms to the root as you like..
launch the cart like you do with a ds cart and go

the original DS doesn't even have a sd card!

I insert the cart and nothing happens , it doesn't read it , it doesn't show I have a cart inside , maybe I put the wrong files ?
I downloaded the latest release from the official gateway site and put the entire blue card R4i folder on the micro sd card inside the blue card

nvm turned it off and on and i works perfectly !!!
huge thanks !! saved me money and time getting a new SD cart :D

Last edited by Ohad1th,

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You didn't by the way put the R4 folder itself inside the sd card?
he edited saying it works perfectly so suposly he didn't..

but protip anyway:
it's the contents of the r4i folder that needs to be in the micro sd of the r4.
not the r4i folder itself that goes inside...

stompysan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can still find it, there is a custom launcher for the blue card. Just do not use the gateway installer with the custom launcher, or you risk bricking. It adds better game compatibility and a much better UI.

Last edited by stompysan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT