Gateway blue card on nds lite

Gregoryxl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I recently modified the 3ds. Now, I have the blue card from the old gateway 3ds and I have discovered that I can use it as a flashcard for my DSLite. I have tested it and apparently it works perfectly. But I have the doubt if you can cause a brick to the LITE using a flashcart, especially one like this, which also has a bad reputation because in the past caused some problems in some 3ds consoles by a malicious code introduced by the manufacturers of this card.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Gregoryxl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The Gateway Blue card is just an Ace3DS+.

Yes, in fact Acekard RPG appears in the menu. I have updated it to version wood 1.62 from some files I found in this forum and it works very well (although the card seems to be of very poor quality). But searching on GBAtemp I find many threads where they mention cases of NDS bricks, and that's why I ask, because the blue card was designed at first, just to install the exploit on the 3ds, and I want to use it for the NDS.

genistopitauniverfrocrami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
cause a brick
If you run the Gateway installer on a NDS Lite then you could cause a partial brick... not that anyone would do that.

Anyway, WiFi cards are a dime a dozen, so I wouldn't worry about it. You can even fix the old one by hot swapping and installing flashme, too.

Last edited by genistopitauniverfrocrami,

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, in fact Acekard RPG appears in the menu. I have updated it to version wood 1.62 from some files I found in this forum and it works very well (although the card seems to be of very poor quality). But searching on GBAtemp I find many threads where they mention cases of NDS bricks, and that's why I ask, because the blue card was designed at first, just to install the exploit on the 3ds, and I want to use it for the NDS.
As the other guy said, just don't use the Gateway Installer program. In fact, just delete it. Otherwise the card is just a normal Ace3DS+ with a different label.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of me wishes there was a way to get the Gateway Red cart to work on a modern CFW, but sure seems like everyone went out of their way to social distance from the avenue. Frustrating, for some reasons.

genistopitauniverfrocrami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Part of me wishes there was a way to get the Gateway Red cart to work on a modern CFW, but sure seems like everyone went out of their way to social distance from the avenue. Frustrating, for some reasons.
Indeed, it's disappointing. It would've been great if Gateway had supported homebrew like DS flashcarts did or even open sourced their code, keeping their carts relevant today.

Speaking of homebrew support and open source, I wonder where we've seen that recently...

Last edited by genistopitauniverfrocrami,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.