Gateway and JPN 3ds question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pu1se80, Jan 2, 2015.

1. pu1se80
    OP

pu1se80 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    I'm sorry. I admit to being a noob in the scene (played around with my Sky3ds but zero experience with Gateway).

I purchased a JPN region New 3ds LL in order to lock myself into a compatible software for Gateway. My question though is what happens in the event I need an update from the Nintendo e-shop for one of my games to go online? I'm in the USA but the 3ds can only connect to the Japanese e-shop which presumably doesn't have updates for US region titles.

Some quick searches on the forum and on google were not fruitful. Thanks for any input you can offer.

:grog: Cheers :grog:

2. serenade.63

serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    You can install updates using gateway in the form of .cia's i believe.

pu1se80 likes this.
  3. pu1se80
    OP

pu1se80 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Are you suggesting there is a way to connect to the US e-shop with a Japanese 3ds with emunand? As for the .cia's, I don't know much about them. I'll do some reading. Thanks for the input!

4. serenade.63

serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    I dont think there is a way to connect to a different regions eshop. But you can install update .cias with devmenu.

pu1se80 likes this.
  5. pu1se80
    OP

pu1se80 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for clarifying. I think I have a good handle on it now. I appreciate your taking the time to help.