OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, I use gateway. I don't use CFW.:)
Gateway is a CFW. It just requires a DRM device to use it.

Ok, thanks :)
Which launcher.dat do I need for Gateway? Do I need the 3.7 one, or the 4.2 one?
I think they're the same, maybe the 4.2 version has files required for their Time Machine.

mdg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me or the Gateway Ultra 3.7.2 Beta zip update only hold the 4.2 Beta update and not the 3.7.2? Anyone else seeing this..

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't make it less frustrating ...
Yeah I know, but it's not officially supported so I think that's the reason that there is no FIRM protection

EDIT:
They should support it though. Lots of people have a combination of Luma and Gateway on an updated sysNAND.
Yup, I'd appreciate it, too. But Luma is a "competitor" for Gateway and you know Gateways strategies :/

Last edited by Brawl345,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I know, but it's not officially supported so I think that's the reason that there is no FIRM protection
That's the same as saying they didn't do it because they didn't do it. Why? Can't be bothered? Is there a technical reason? They didn't mention anything about supporting v2 of a9lh either which is a bit annoying. You shouldn't make it harder for people to use your products.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
That's the same as saying they didn't do it because they didn't do it. Why? Can't be bothered? Is there a technical reason? They didn't mention anything about supporting v2 of a9lh either which is a bit annoying. You shouldn't make it harder for people to use your products.
Yeah, see my edited post above :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, see my edited post above :)
I see what you mean but I think they need a better marketing person. If people will buy your product to use it alongside another one, seems smart to make that easier if the alternative is to not buy your product at all :unsure:

I am reminded of a case in my own life. There's a brand of raspberry jam I like that is sold in a plastic jar. The design of the lid is awful and it comes apart easily. I brought a jar to work one day to be able to have toast for a snack and it went all through my top box getting all over my stuff despite having tied it in a plastic bag. Oh and the plastic jar had weird ridges around the inside of it so you can't even use the last 10% of the jam. There is another brand which is nearly as nice but they use a normal glass jar. I wrote to them and told them how much their jar sucked and if they'd ever revisit its design. The response was that the ridges are designed for stacking easily and it wasn't going to change anytime soon.
For awhile I was buying the nice jam, heating it in the microwave and pouring it into glass jars but that got annoying so I just switched to the slightly not as good brand.
The lesson here is that customers want to use your product the way they want to, and if you make them have to do something awkward to be able to use it that way because you'd prefer they used it how YOU think it should be used (boot manager to use Gateway's arm9loaderhax.bin or having to pour jam into a new jar) they will eventually just stop using your product, even if they'd really prefer to be using it, but the awkwardness just isn't worth it (using Luma exclusively or switching jam brands).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The exact definition of a CFW has been lost/become irrelevent anyway. If we're to follow exact definitions, then the likes of Luma, Cakes etc. aren't CFW because they aren't actually self-contained custom firmwares in themselves like the early PSP CFW were. Rather, they apply a whole series of patches to create a CFW-like environment using the existing firmware.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just uploaded it and it fixed multirom menu and the strange japanese issue several users complained about (including me). It also shows all the games that went missing from my home menu again. Back in business!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-