Hacking GATEWAY 4.1 PRIVATE BETA RELEASE

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We’ve had a tremendous amount of feedback once again after the Public Beta 4.0 release. Suffice to say, we have worked hard on incooperating this feedback and bugreports and today we are happy to release another minor update that should further improve stability and reliability of our new GATEWAY FASTBOOT feature.

Without further ado, here’s a small changelog:
– Fixed >9.2 down to 9.2 GATEWAY TIME MACHINE issue for N3DS
– Fixed WiFi issue for GATEWAY TIME MACHINE on O3DS
– Fixed auto rename of Nintendo 3DS folder when downgrading to 2.x for N3DS
Repacked N3DS & O3DS US GATEWAY TIME MACHINE data pack
– Amended N3DS install procedure to cater to >9.2 system versions
+ Menu lockout implemented

The new Menu Lockout feature requires some further explanation: You’re all used to being able to get into the GATEWAY menu by holding down the [L] button during boot (or booting without a GATEWAY 3DS cart inserted).

From now on, any system installed with GATEWAY FASTBOOT (formerly known as `A9LH’) will require holding down L+select in order to get to the GATEWAY menu. This is to prevent the younger users of our system from accidentically triggering unintended actions from the GATEWAY menu. (Think of format emunand and such)

People who *dont* use GATEWAY FASTBOOT can still enter the menu by holding down [L], of course.

There was a minor error in the TIME MACHINE pack for the USA region which has been corrected, so please re-grab this pack if it affects your console’s region and you are planning on installing GATEWAY FASTBOOT. (This does not effect previous users who have already used the old data packs)

If you think this is all we’ve been up to lately.. we’re happy to let you know you are wrong!
icon_smile.gif

We have something very exciting coming, but as always; good things take time. Remember that we’re yet to let down our loyal customer base.. even though the 3DS is a pretty dated system by now. We were here from the start, and we’ll be here till the very end. Keep checking this space!

And as always, ENJOY!
Big thanks to Izyslcker for mentioning this in the 4.0 thread!

Last edited by Swiftloke,

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said in previous news that they thank everyone involved in the scene for A9LH ... they never claimed anything.
They just call their own implementation Fastboot.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said in previous news that they thank everyone involved in the scene for A9LH ... they never claimed anything.
They just call their own implementation Fastboot.
I actually just checked. Nowhere on their page do they mention any sort of credits to the real devs of A9LH.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They even explicitly state [Formerely known as A9LH], which is a big "Fuck You" to the real devs.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess I was wrong ... but seriously fuck it, why would you care? If anyone has to write them to tell them that they are "stealing" free work and selling it, it has to be the devs behind those hacks.
Why do people act like the scene sherifs whenever GW pushes an update?? Don't you have Pokemon GO to play or something?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I for one, am absolutely shocked that a dodgy flashcart company has no morals and doesn't credit.

Also, where were you moral crusaders when Gateway's launcher with the 7.X keys was reversed and the keys taken? Didn't see anyone crying that GW hadn't been credited with the 7.X key. Oh wait, it's Gateway, so no doubt there is some reason why it's different.

Last edited by Armadillo,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They even explicitly state [Formerely known as A9LH], which is a big "Fuck You" to the real devs.
I doubt the real A9LH devs care whether Gateway give them credits or not for their FastBoot A9LH version. Lots of former Gateway users have switched to the superior open source hack, including me. The devs are winning the war, in the end users' heart.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I for one, am absolutely shocked that a dodgy flashcart company has no morals and doesn't credit.

Also, where were you moral crusaders when Gateway's launcher with the 7.X keys was reversed and the keys taken? Didn't see anyone crying that GW hadn't been credited with the 7.X key. Oh wait, it's Gateway, so no doubt there is some reason why it's different.

Anyone talking about stealing shit on a forum indirectly supporting piracy is a clown, this scene wouldn't even exist if people didn't steal gateway's code over and over. So many exploits have been found back in the day but everything was private until gateway actually did something with it and released a flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol