Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
People don't get it that the betas sent out this time where not for any features. It was to get the exploit working on all makes and models 5.x to 9.2. Testers can't 100 percent be trusted. They have to share something for the look at me moment. Once it's working at user level then the work is done adding the features to a more final product

halogamer2145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People don't get it that the betas sent out this time where not for any features. It was to get the exploit working on all makes and models 5.x to 9.2. Testers can't 100 percent be trusted. They have to share something for the look at me moment. Once it's working at user level then the work is done adding the features to a more final product

That makes sense. They probably gave a stripped down version to testers.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well if you wanna get all technical and ruin everyone's hopes and dreams, go ahead. :glare:
I am still hoping that there will be in the release!
But a beta-tester said that there isn't in the beta but it could be present in the final release

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There is no beta. There were only "Close friends" to test the thing.
I got a collection of emails. Take what you want, but it took me some time to gather them all.
uploadfromtaptalk1420298716126-png.13630
181955nhihun1q1ttmuzqu.jpg
__2014-12-30T02-09-38.616Z.png
2KzZ1B1.png
OxBgWz0.jpg
1907363_1051649314861050_6193072701058898665_n.jpg
image-jpg.13603
1PDNbYg.png
f6842af8d6a624d20c286cdaddc75ddb.jpg
Gat.jpg
iTROSvRk704Ts.jpg
QQ622A56FE20141230095106_zpsec2a3515.png
cattura-png.13492

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is it safe to go online with GW? I mean, I use the same NID on WiiU and 3DS, so I'd hate if it got banned or something, but I don't have another 3DS to transfer my account there.

PS. While waiting I already forgot where I put my microSD, lol

There are no confirmed bans as far as I know, but its a possibility when using a rom, but apparently a .cia uses the consoles header for online and would be much safer. So cross your fingers for emunand.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the beta was on a 48 hour timelock period, why would they strip features from it? Could be true but it doesnt seem likely.

As for NAND flashing it might be possible if someone finds a way to do it on the New 3DS. Also, we need Gateway Launcher support to backup our NAND beforehand, which is required anyway.

Reactions: Thomas12345

fenx07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But we will wait and see for EmuNAND

Can you borrow SSB?
My friends don't even know what 3ds is. Maybe i can buy used one from gamestop or somewhere online. I am waiting for update to buy 3ds. If there isn't gonna be emuNAND i will be looking for 8.1-9-2.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If the beta was on a 48 hour timelock period, why would they strip features from it? Could be true but it doesnt seem likely.

As for NAND flashing it might be possible if someone finds a way to do it on the New 3DS. Also, we need Gateway Launcher support to backup our NAND beforehand, which is required anyway.
You can read and dump with a NAND mod. Plus, there was a thread around with a New 3DS XL being modified with a mini USB adaptor.
My friends don't even know what 3ds is. Maybe i can buy used one from gamestop or somewhere online. I am waiting for update to buy 3ds. If there isn't gonna be emuNAND i will be looking for 8.1-9-2.
You can buy SSB and refund it with a made up excuse.

Shining One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most threads take hundreds of posts to die. When a thread like this one has burned all of its hype fuel, it expands to become a thread giant. This may be tens of thousands of posts across - big enough to swallow the forums like Reddit and 4Chan.

After puffing off its outer layers of speculation, the thread collapses to form a very dense thread dwarf. One teaspoon of material from a thread dwarf would weigh up to 100 tons. Over a matter of days, the thread dwarf cools and becomes invisible.

Threads larger than eight times the size of this one end their lives very suddenly. When they run out of hype fuel, they swell into thread supergiants. They try to keep alive by burning different fuels; complaints, the lingering majority of speculation, and generally off-topic nonsense, but this only works for a hundred posts or so. Then they blow themselves apart in a huge Gateway release.
For a week or so, the remaining thread outshines all of the other threads in its subforum. Then it quickly fades, as the hype fuel has been exhausted and cannot create more speculation. All that is left is a tiny, dense object – a locked thread or a helpful thread – surrounded by an expanding cloud of users asking questions about the release and abundant I told you so's..
The elements made inside the thread (such as hype, speculation and complaints) are scattered through the subforum it currently resides in. These materials eventually makes other threads and potentially new subforums.

Made for the amusement of this thread and the users that reside in here 24/7, and to give the mods a laugh maybe. The End is Nye, or *ahem* the release is soon, around the corner, within a few days, almost here, e.t.c.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Even if they are "close friends" lol. It's still testing. It's probably better worded as trusted people. Not a few random from a board that want to be first. At the end of the day the majority of stuff here is just people sitting around hoping, dreaming and buying into Chinese whispers, literally. Some people don't need to send 100 emails to gateway and they still know more about what's going on.... :)

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still hoping that there will be in the release!
But a beta-tester said that there isn't in the beta but it could be present in the final release

Don't forget that we're talking about a beta. Y'know, most likely unstable, unfinished, along those lines?

There is no beta. There were only "Close friends" to test the thing.

^ This.

It's more likely than having all their fans disappointed because there's no emuNAND. Just saying...:glare:

fenx07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shops around you perhaps, not sure.
But there may be ebay/amazon sellers that accept refunds. Though, you may have to pay postage back.
Somebody in this forum said amazon refund %100 in first buy. Yes. Need to search for postage back. Thank you for help.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't forget that we're talking about a beta. Y'know, most likely unstable, unfinished, along those lines?

^ This.

It's more likely than having all their fans disappointed because there's no emuNAND. Just saying...:glare:
So they said that there should be EmuNAND??
THIS :

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 441
Reactions: prototech

BirdsAreSpies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
If you change anything in a source code, it could be possible to fuck up things at some other end you would never dream of. Especially if your code is crap or dirty or full of hacks (don't wanna judge anyone at this point.)
Just wanted to tell you that "unfinished betas" are pretty damn useless because you have to test it again in the end.

So I suppose it was
- no beta at all, just a quick preview for some special users
- beta, will be released soon but without emunand at this time (dunno when these guys got the test version from gateway)
- beta, they pushing the release date back to the future but it may include emunand.

Just speculations.

Reactions: Thomas12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...