Gateway 3DS stuck on loading screen for some games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Fer123, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Fer123
    OP

Fer123 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys, Just got my Gateway 3DS. Followed the steps and got Mario Kart 7 to run. However, some other games does not run, such as Zelda: Majoras Mask. It shows the "Nintendo 3DS" screen, and just stays there during load.

I am currently running 3DS XL - Firmware v6.0.2

My guess is that, Mario Kart runs fine because the firmware it requires it below 6.0.2, while Majoras Mask probably require over that. Maybe 8.0.x?

Question is, what can I do now? I am not sure how to update to 9.2.0. I thought if you put in a new game, the new game will automatically install the latest firmware it REQUIRES to run that game.

Also, I've just seen that Xenoblade 3DS requires Firmware 9.4.0. Does that mean there is no way for me to play that game?

Thanks

2. xppancho

xppancho Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    You need setup a emunand and a sd card with 8 GB for the 3ds

3. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    You need to make sure to use any rom from the same region as your 3DS, then hold DPAD UP while entering emunand.

Majora's mask requires 7.x+, while xenoblade requires 9.x+. Any 9.0+ emunand should be able to run xenoblade.

You can update with the second release of Super Smash Bros, which has 9.2U.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I think the new encryption was added in 9.4 if that's what you're referring to.

5. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    He can use Code Name Steam then if he needs 9.4, but people have been saying it runs fine with the firmware spoofing.

6. Fer123
    OP

Fer123 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    I'm not 100% clear on the emuNand thing. So let's play I boot into my emuNand. Is it safe to system update my emuNand to 9.6 or whatever it is right now?

Also if not, your're saying I'll need to run a rom game on my 3ds that has firmware 8+, and that'll install the latest firmware for me when I press D-Pad up while entering emuNand (enter gateway mode) ?

Edit:
    Okay, I think I understand now.
    1. Have an emuNand (Firmware that starts with GW)
    2. Have a rom in your region with default firmware that's pretty high.
    3. When loading Gateway, hold the button UP.
    4. Launch that game.
    5. Profit

7. jun99

jun99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2016
    Canada
    Hi, is this problem been resolved yet? i have the same problem where it got stuck on "Nintendo 3DS" screen. i'm trying to play cardfight vanguard G: stride to victory

8. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    This thread is old. If you are using and older firmware just update your emunand through system settings. Only update emunand.