Hacking Gateway 3DS Release 1.2

Benshannon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it is. There isn't much stopping homebrew now. We just need someone to develop a homebrew loader(maybe a channel) and an sdk. But we will definitely have homebrew (hopefully soonish and not months and months later)

I hope it goes just like you stated.And one more thing! Support for newer firmwares that will stop me from buying another ds.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it goes just like you stated.And one more thing! Support for newer firmwares that will stop me from buying another ds.

Yes that too hopefully. When homebrew comes out hopefully we will be able to find common keys to decrypt the firmware, and look for exploits in higher firmware. However if I were you I would bite the bullet and buy another ds. That way you can for sure use the gateway, and you can have console for online and one for gateway. So you get the best of both worlds. Of course money is an important factor, but I would recommend getting another 3ds if you can.

Reactions: Benshannon

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i done the test just to make sure the card is working properly,the test flashed blue for few minutes then went to solid green which means it's all good. :)

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both of those things are likely to take LONG time, homebrew moreso than new firmware support.

The GW3DS team is actively working on supporting firmware 6.1, there's no real reason it should take them an absurd amount of time to adjust the stack crash for it since the blue card works.

Getting the 3DS to skip signature checks should also not be overly difficult for them with their demonstrated expertise thus far... However! The CTR SDK for developing 3DS software is not publicly available (huge issue for homebrew) and no 3rd party library exists either, so homebrew is a long long ways away for several reasons.

MrChildren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
I tried the diagnostic tool. Claimed that my card is good yet i keep getting error problem.
I guess it didn't fix my problem :(

I downloaded the same version of roms from various place yet i keep getting the error message.
So far there is only 1 game that fully works which is Lego Batman. Managed to complete the first chapter without any hiccup.

Others games are freeze freeze freeze freeze freeezee...

i done the test just to make sure the card is working properly,the test flashed blue for few minutes then went to solid green which means it's all good. :)

Yes. that means it is all good :)

Mine looks like this
Without the 1G file, it only takes a few seconds like that to finish the test, isn't it?

without the 1G file it takes a few seconds and it will stop at constant green.
with the 1G file it will take approximate 5-6 minutes (expect it to blink blink blink).

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the diagnostic tool. Claimed that my card is good yet i keep getting error problem.
I guess it didn't fix my problem :(

I downloaded the same version of roms from various place yet i keep getting the error message.
So far there is only 1 game that fully works which is Lego Batman. Managed to complete the first chapter without any hiccup.

Others games are freeze freeze freeze freeze freeezee...

Yes. that means it is all good :)

without the 1G file it takes a few seconds and it will stop at constant green.
with the 1G file it will take approximate 5-6 minutes (expect it to blink blink blink).
What speed micro SD card are you using? Class 4?
Maybe a faster card would help.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
It would be much better if they introduced support for nand based saves (AC:NL)

No, you should at least buy major releases. 'Cause Pokémon X and Y are likely gonna be NAND-based, as are most other major releases. And maybe Nintendo will hide the update in a new place so SuperTrim trims wrong. So it'll be corrupted, and force 6.2. Or stuff game-breaking data in Super Trim. 'Cause I hate Gateway, it has no other purpose than piracy.

A DSThree, on the other hand, would have emus and homebrew. So would a full exploit.

[/lecture]

Reactions: NEP

MrChildren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
my card does the same thing.. it is red then goes green immediately.. I don't see any blue what am I doing wrong?

You didn't download and try the test rom didn't you?

Hm... No clue then, I'm using transcend class 6 cards.

Thanks! Yes, i have a transcend class 6, 4GB :)
As simple as this yet is giving me so much headache!
Will return 2nd time for another exchange

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't download and try the test rom didn't you?

Thanks! Yes, i have a transcend class 6, 4GB :)
As simple as this yet is giving me so much headache!
Will return 2nd time for another exchange

yes ofcourse I downloaded the test rom the 1GB file, that is what my lights look like when I have the test rom in there. I have tried it with the test rom and with a regular rom, same lights

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all is your card working ?
second you mean you run the test rom and it goes from red to green (skipped the other colours) ?

no my card is not working, I have the game has been removed error.

Yes it goes from red to green exactly like the above video that burboss posted

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Constant RED,YELLOW or TEAL is idicative of a non user repairable fault"

what does non user repairable fault mean?:unsure: I'm assuming that's what it is if it's constant green..?

MrChildren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
no my card is not working, I have the game has been removed error.

Yes it goes from red to green exactly like the above video that burboss posted

I know if you test it with other roms then it will go from red to green in few seconds (with a few other colours).
If it is not working then is better you just send in for an exchange.
That is what i plan to do with my current card (can't accept the fact only Lego Batman works).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr