Impzor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey everyone,

I was thinking of buying a gateway 3ds card for my 3ds. The problem is is that my 3ds is on version 2.0 and that I need 4.1-4.5 for the gateway card. I've read that I can use a physical copy of a game to update it to a certain version. I found a list on the internet that said that I can use a copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening (EU) to update to 4.5. Is this correct? (My friend has a copy of this game, so it would be great if it did work).

I have another question. What's the best place to buy a legit gateway 3ds card in Europe? I'm from the Netherlands if that matters. I don't mind buying it from a retailer outside of Europe if that's cheaper, but I want a legit version of the flashcart obviously. Also, if I buy the gateway 3ds card, is there a garantuee that I can use it forever and not having to buy a new card in the future? Because this flashcart is quite expensive and I would hate it being outdated in a couple months or so.

Thanks

Munshine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
first question:yes you can update it to 4.5 using fire emblem as well
2nd:on the gateway site there is a list of resellers that gateway trust,so you should be fine with that.if by retailer you mean a physical shop then sorry but they are more likely to sell you a fake one
3rd:that is a question that nobody knows.....they seem reliable so far even if they're VERY SLOW.and of course by forever you should inply "until the 3ds life cycle" is over

Scoobydoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Make sure WiFi is switched OFF while you update using a real game cart. Better still, delete internet settings too until after you've updated via your friend's cart. Don't want to make a mistake of updating to 7.2 over the internet. When it asks you to update, the screen will display what version it will update too, so really, you should have no worries on it.
2. I'd go with member above. You can't go wrong using an official seller.
3. Cost for a gateway card is around the same as 1-2 retail games. Even if it doesn't last 'forever'... you'll have your moneys worth in no time B-)

Impzor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
first question:yes you can update it to 4.5 using fire emblem as well
2nd:on the gateway site there is a list of resellers that gateway trust,so you should be fine with that.if by retailer you mean a physical shop then sorry but they are more likely to sell you a fake one
3rd:that is a question that nobody knows.....they seem reliable so far even if they're VERY SLOW.and of course by forever you should inply "until the 3ds life cycle" is over

Yeah that's what I meant with forever. Thanks for the answers! Do you guys recommend buying a micro SD together with the flashcart or buying one myself seperately? And what size?
Sorry for all the questions, I obviously want the best quality I can get because I have bought fake cards in the past that stopped working after a while.

Scoobydoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DON'T buy from ebay... too many fakes. Just make sure to buy from someplace like Amazon or your local retailer.
32gb / 64gb hold many roms, depends on how many you'd like to keep on one card. The more you have on there - if any problems - the longer to reformat, re-add etc. I personally use 32gb, Also, get at least a class 4, better yet, class 10!

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah that's what I meant with forever. Thanks for the answers! Do you guys recommend buying a micro SD together with the flashcart or buying one myself seperately? And what size?
Sorry for all the questions, I obviously want the best quality I can get because I have bought fake cards in the past that stopped working after a while.
i don't think micro sd quality matters at all.
of course i would suggest to go for the cheapest deal (in regards of micro sd and sd,not for the flashcart)
32 gb i guess?i have 16 gb cause i don't care a lot about space and is not really such a pain to swap in and out roms with the computer

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
i don't think micro sd quality matters at all.
of course i would suggest to go for the cheapest deal (in regards of micro sd and sd,not for the flashcart)
32 gb i guess?i have 16 gb cause i don't care a lot about space and is not really such a pain to swap in and out roms with the computer

The quality of your microSD and memory card reader does matter.
A extremely cheap microSD can be a fake and doesn't properly have the size that windows reports, or it can corrupt files all the time, or it can be hard to write new files on it. You don't need the highest quality available, but there's a minimum to avoid headaches.
And about the memory card reader/writer, the cheapest ones can try to write 32gb/64gb and beyond cards, but most will overheat and self eject after writing 1gb or so. While others can write but will do it in short bursts, and in doing so the time to write a 32gb or 64gb card completely is about 5 hours.
A good combination of microSD and writer will require less time to write, less complaints about card failures and prolong the life of your microSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: McDonald's 5 star dining for a meth head