Hacking Gateway 3DS or Sky3DS ?

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I will maybe buy a 3DS or 2DS but I would know which linker is better...
I am hesitating between Gateway 3DS and Sky3DS.

Gateway looks better but EmuNAND isn't confirmed for 7.x-9.2 versions so I couldn't online, play future games or use eShop... Could I play online with a .3dz ROM even if there isn't EmuNAND?

Or I should take Sky3DS because it is compatible with all models/versions ?

Thanks...

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can wait until Gateway has support for other firmwares (I don't think they guaruanteed anything will be working except 9.0-9.2, which a new 3DS would not have I believe) or get a Sky3DS now. It's up to you if you think waiting will be worth it.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's literally a thread titled exactly the same underneath this one...

TLDR; Gateway has a ton more features and is a lot more future-proof than sky3DS, sky3DS has a huge chance of being detected as an improper flash cart and being blocked in the near future without a chance of updating. In fact, I believe one of the people (neimod I believe) already found an easy way to detect a sky3DS, so it's only a matter of time. <Insert Gateway fanboys and sky3ds fanboys arguing for 5 pages about which is better> <Gateway's 9.2 will never come, yes it will, no it won't, etc etc>

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They said that they implemented support for 7.x-9.2 versions.

think I'll buy a new device only if EmuNAND is supported by theses versions. ;)

bondpard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best going with a Sky3DS now that it has unlimited games support (blue button).... why would you wait for something that doesn't even work on the current versions? By the time (IF they EVER) release a v9.4, the rest of the world will be on v16... Ya it might have more features, but so god damn impractical it's not worth it in the end

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In my opnion, you should buy a Gateway.

But it actually depends on the firmware you will have when you buy your console.

Sky3DS isn't based on a kernel exploit, so if Nintendo patches it, you are pretty much fucked up.
It has no Emunand and you can't play games from other regions.

Actually the best deal is to buy a 3DS with 4.5, because it has a flaw. Gateway has the total control since it's a kernel exploit. It's not easy for Nintendo to patch the Emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte