• Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you only need one microSD? There's never going to be a 32GB 3DS game, let alone 16GB.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is that i can save myself from spending 100.000$ because i just want to play some games.
Everyone can say whatever, but for me, this is a good thing, even without Homebrew, which will be available soon.

Not bunch of microSD's, just 4 of them. 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB that's all the cards you need.
You can keep ROM's in your PC and just swap them as you need them. and you can hawe 4 different games at the time.
At least it's easier than Buying 40$ ~ 80$ game, not to mention faster.

Either way you play one game at the time, till you finish it, no need to jump from title to title. (R4 spoiled us :P)
I mean considering situation with GATEWAY. I mean, you got to make the best of it :) it is as it is now.
Maybe in the future it will be different in terms of multiple ROM's on 1 microSD, but now, it's like this.

But yeah, i agree about SAVE's. The ONLY REAL problem as i see it, would be if you simply CAN'T backup your SAVE files from GATEWAY.
that would be a big bummer. :glare:

I'm sure i wouldn't like to finish my RE: revelations 80% and play a different game and then when i feel like i want to return to RE: revelations and finish it 100%...
But nooo how can i, because i didn't backed up my SAVE file, because how can i, and now i have to start ALL from the freaking Beginning!

Now THAT's A BUMMER IMO! :shit: :P
If you use different SD cards for the same Gateway, then you'll end up deleting your saves. There's literally no point in multiple SD cards, at least at this time with the information we know.

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
....Really?
No homebrew. OK. Well it can play backups.

Wait, can I dump my backups from the store onto it?
...probably not?

Oh, and it only holds a single game at a time?

So this is literally ONLY a piracy tool and we're hopping behind it?

Now, shovelware will come either way, and yada yada yada. (seriously, go look in walmart) I'm not arguing piracy is bad.... but the only thing this cart will load is 3ds roms, one at a time. No convenience angle, costs more than a 3ds game, and I've purchased every 3ds game I wanted to play (stupidly, almost all on the 3ds store; I really DO NOT like having to change freaking cards)

seriously, a single game at a time is nothing more that extremely rudimentary piracy.

I can't be the only one hoping for Tyrian3D and other neat stuff with the 3ds's wizardpowers, can I?

EDIT:
OH GOOD GOD AND 3D EMULATORS. this thing could TAKE DOWN my psp as my handheld emu, and good lord, imagine if we can build a 3ds snes emu that can take advantage of the 3d for different layers, imagine yoshis island with pop and etc.

SERIOUSLY. THIS CARD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....Really?
No homebrew. OK. Well it can play backups.

Wait, can I dump my backups from the store onto it?
...probably not?

Oh, and it only holds a single game at a time?

So this is literally ONLY a piracy tool and we're hopping behind it?

Now, shovelware will come either way, and yada yada yada. (seriously, go look in walmart) I'm not arguing piracy is bad.... but the only thing this cart will load is 3ds roms, one at a time. No convenience angle, costs more than a 3ds game, and I've purchased every 3ds game I wanted to play (stupidly, almost all on the 3ds store; I really DO NOT like having to change freaking cards)

seriously, a single game at a time is nothing more that extremely rudimentary piracy.

I can't be the only one hoping for Tyrian3D and other neat stuff with the 3ds's wizardpowers, can I?
Well, if everyone closes their eyes, and wishes REAL hard, Gateway will make their card better soon and/or people will make a new one with a loader and everything.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here is question that we still waiting - if Gateway is simple mimic hardware of legit card it probably will be blocked fast.

The better it mimics an original cartridge the smaller the chance that Nintendo can block it at all.
Also the R4i Save Dongle will work to backup and restore the Saves in this case. A perfect mimic could not be recognized by Nintendo itself. In this case the only way to make the device useless is to change the hardware of their own cartridges like they did on the GBA and DS (e.g. using different Savetypes). DS Flashcards could have been blocked that way (e.g. Acekard) as far as i know.

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
No, of course I'm super happy to see advances, but this just seems weak, can't even go around regionlock yet, so.... it's JUST piracy. you can't even pretend you want to use this for legal and cool things.

This thing is straight up a law-breaking device, no questions asked. This might be a step in a dangerous direction for the legality of importing this sort of device.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i Gold Team released a new product - R4i Gold 3DS Updater today, see details: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm .
Seems it's possible to play backup on a gateway 3DS card..
Can we find someone who understands Chinese to see what that actually does? I can't tell if R4i Gold 3DS Updater is a program, a new (function of a) flashcard, or what.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like a USB Dongle/ Device, to do patch updating for R4i Gold 3DS card directly, enable to save 3DS card backup into a file on PC..

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's neat, I guess. It could be worth it, depending on price. That's assuming the adding of the save back onto the card works with every card, and not just the R4i Gold 3DS. I have no knowledge on dongles (because every time I look them up, I giggle), so I wouldn't know if that's possible.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Can we find someone who understands Chinese to see what that actually does? I can't tell if R4i Gold 3DS Updater is a program, a new (function of a) flashcard, or what.

Sounds to me like it's just a way of updating your R4i Gold without needing a DS, useful for people who have a 3DS firmware that blocks flashcarts and no DS Lite to update their card. Can't see anything that implies it's got something to do with 3DS mode.

A save dongle came out not long after the 3DS (mostly in response to games like Monkey Ball and RE, where you couldn't wipe your save). Presume people have already considered if that's a workaround for the Gateway's save issue?
http://r4i-3ds.com/nds-r4-3ds/what-to-know-before-buying-r4i-save-dongle-37/

Reactions: SifJar

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
No, of course I'm super happy to see advances, but this just seems weak, can't even go around regionlock yet, so.... it's JUST piracy. you can't even pretend you want to use this for legal and cool things.

This thing is straight up a law-breaking device, no questions asked. This might be a step in a dangerous direction for the legality of importing this sort of device.

Whelll..i'm not the court here and i want one Gateway 3DS to play with... it's interesting toy and money saver. period.

sure, there will always be better than better.. it's not just flashcards, it's life, but this one seems good enough for me :)

pongozila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

No sir you are not the only one! This is a dream of mine ever since the 3ds was announced... Really! But the biggest dream of all... a TRUE remake (or a sequel :lol:) Full HD, 3D... what ever... but a REAL remade enhanced version... dude... that'll would be a dream coming true... :bow:

Maxkhoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Palau
This purchase decision is still too risky, gonna sit back and see if gateaway developers will give continuous support for this piece of hardware. Afraid they grab and run, once and for all.

For USD 80 I can own 2 new games already, not do mention the cost of micro sd card..

Reactions: Metoroid0

HorreC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I know it says its region locked and I am ok with that if you can play say a jap title on a jap 3ds? So say when the new mh4 comes out could I use it on my 3dsll? Or is it only US games on it?

HorreC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they are locked to the region of the rom I was just making sure that it wasnt locked to the cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated