Gateway 3ds blue card problem !!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bosneeda, Aug 10, 2014.

1. bosneeda
    OP

bosneeda Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    I purchased a gateway 3ds card and tried to install the hack and my 3ds xl did not read the card (although it dose read my 3ds and ds game fine) I tried everything different microsd cards different formatting tools nothing and the card did work on my old 3ds just fine so I went and purchased a R4i gold 3ds card so i can install blue card content (I know the steps to use the R4i card which is to copy the kernel to the microsd card along with the gateway 3ds .3ds installer file) and still the same problem happened what should I do please help my 3ds is on 4.4.0 10u firmware should i update to 4.5.0 ? or what ?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Could try formatting the system, sometimes the.Ds profile can be corrupted which is only fixed by formatting the system, not sure it will help here as it's only really corrupted like that when playing about with the homebrew roploader

3. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Could you be more exact about what the problem is? First of all, please use some punctuation marks. This is terrible to read.
    Which card doesn't it read? What do you mean by "not reading" anyway? What are the 'symptoms'? What do you mean it "reads your 3DS and DS games fine"? What is the problem then?

4. Ryanrocks462

Ryanrocks462 Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate

Banned
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    California
    make sure its not a fake heres how to check real_vs_fake_1-300x183.jpg

5. bosneeda
    OP

bosneeda Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    im sorry English is not my native language

the problem is that my 3ds xl does not read (gives me an error there is nothing inserted in game room) the gateway 3ds blue card nor the R4i card while it reads my other original 3ds and ds games just fine

and also both cards the gateway 3ds blue card and R4i are working with my old 3ds

I did try to format with no luck

Ryanrocks462 likes this.
  6. bosneeda
    OP

bosneeda Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States

yes I checked that it was real not fake light blue not black with the exact middle pin as the real one

Ryanrocks462 likes this.
  7. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I see. It's more clear now. Thank you.
    That said, I don't know exactly what could be wrong. Are you sure you have the necessary kernel files on your blue cards?

Ryanrocks462 likes this.
  8. Ryanrocks462

Ryanrocks462 Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate

Banned
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    California
    yes all files are installed to the card right?

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Well he said they work on his standard 3ds so they sound like they are set up correctly and are working, so the issue has to be down to the 3ds,

Last thing you cam really try is updating the firmware to another in the 4.x range and see if it helps

I'm also assuming you have checked it's not partially updated (look if it has the miiverse icon in the top right of the homescreen).....but the R4i should work up to 8.x anyway unless it's a older revision

10. BestR4i3DS.com

BestR4i3DS.com GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    United States
    you 3ds is on 4.4.0, you have chance update to V4.5x

11. bosneeda
    OP

bosneeda Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    ok then how can i update to 4.5 ?

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
  13. Heien

Heien GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Weird, my blue card never worked either and i'm also on 4.4.. I always thought mine was defective.

14. bosneeda
    OP

bosneeda Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States

what did you do then ?

15. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    My 3DS on 4.4 read the blue card perfectly at one stage.

Now the blue card is completely cactus after 2 single uses to install exploit.

16. bosneeda
    OP

bosneeda Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    FINALLY IT WORKS !! after 2 weeks of agony thank god a tip for anyone like me who has the same problem just try to insert the cartridge while pushing downward on the microsd card with your finger i think the microsd reader in some of these cards are jerky and need a little push

Thanks to all who replied :)

Nickienator and Ryanrocks462 like this.