Gateway 3ds 7.0 compatibility

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by XXOblivionXX, Jul 12, 2014.

1. XXOblivionXX
    OP

XXOblivionXX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    will the gateway 3ds work on 3ds firmware 7.1.0

2. dbspanks

dbspanks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    No. It will only work on firmware 4.1-4.5

3. Thirty3Three
    This message by Thirty3Three has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jul 12, 2014, Reason: unhelpful comments.
    Jul 12, 2014
  4. XXOblivionXX
    OP

XXOblivionXX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    thanks @dbs and ok.....@thirthy

5. hippy dave
    This message by hippy dave has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jul 12, 2014, Reason: unhelpful comments.
    Jul 12, 2014
  6. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    If you can take the occasional condescending response, you'll want to post any questions like this in the right thread. You'd sure get less condescending responses there than you would if you created a new unnecessary thread.

Anyway, in response to your question, your best bet would be to obtain a 4.1-4.5 3DS or 3DS XL, and do it soon if you're serious about it because there's more demand for them now than there was late last year since the 3DS flashcart scene has taken off.

7. XXOblivionXX
    OP

XXOblivionXX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    yea thanks but im not in a rush im patient i dont want to buy another 3ds so i will wait till the gateway can work work on 3ds v 7.1

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Well don't be expecting too much, people have been saying that for the past year, "I'll just wait on x.x, and I will get it anyway" there no guarantee anything will ever come to 7.x, homebrew probably will from smealum, but he has said his new exploit will in no way enable romloaders etc

9. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Chances are it will MIGHT be more likely that it will work on 6.x than 7.x. We know that there's a 6.x exploit existing in the wild (though it might be limited) but at least its there.

10. IronClouds

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Suit yourself buddy. Nothing unproven is a sure thing.

Ronhero likes this.
  11. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    IMOP if gateway has found an exploit for 6.x and higher they more then likely not release it till the end of the system life to help make more revenue with little to no updates to worry about

12. the-green

the-green Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    Antigua and Barbuda
    it will come ..... team gateway have talent necessary to do some progress in hacking the new firmwares....I am sure they'll do that because they knew 5.+ / 6.+ / 7.+ park console's is very big

13. CJL18

CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2007
    United States

Only problem with that is Nintendo closed the exploit after 4.5

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    It's all very dependant on there being a good enough exploit to be found, it's not like some "if you spend enough time on it one will appear".........that being said there is never a perfect security, but any exploit that is found would have to have a reliable and simple enough entry point like the ds profile exploit for 4.x-6.x, that was the issue that smealum was resolving with his 7.x exploit, finding these kinds of exploits is like a jigsaw all the pieces have to fit together to make the final product.

15. HELPMEPLEASEOMG

HELPMEPLEASEOMG Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Lel. I imagine that if the right people were to hop into the scene (especially some /g/entlemen) we'd have Rom Loading enabled within a few weeks. Guy thinks he's the only one who knows how to engineer & code.

16. IronClouds

May 8, 2010
    United States
    This is an extremely ignorant post.

17. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.

No.