Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Are you saying this can be used to load up the GW menu? If so do we need GW 3.2 for this or can we use GW 3.1?
Yes, with 3.2 GW ultra on 9.0-9.2 n3ds. 3.1 wouldn't work because it isn't coded to work with the new rop chain. My homebrew uses the dumped chain from 3.2's "NVRAM Install" feature.
Anyone already test this in EUR/AU Console ?
Yeah, there was this guy,
It works perfect on my EUR console.
Nice work. ;)

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.

OK so its been ages since I updated my GW card.

I think I am currently on the first (or 2nd) release that introduced emunand support. Running on 4.5 uk regular 3DS XL.

So ......couple of questions.

1. Do I need to rerun the gateway blue card installer? (to get a newer version of base software installed perhaps?)
2. Will I need to wipe my SD card again? It has an Emunand on it currently, though its a way out of date version. Or does it use the old version automatically and just allow me to update that

If yes to 2, then how easy is it to backup current GW save games - my son will have a right strop if he loses his Pokemon progress :)

As far as I know, the blue installer has not changed. Also, you don't need to wipe your SD card. Just put the new launcher.dat on your SD card, and start Gateway. You'll be in your old EmuNAND. Then connect to a wifi point and (since this is an original 3DS XL) update your EmuNAND to 9.7 before Nintendo comes out with a 9.8. As is usual, make sure you're in EmuNAND by going into system settings, looking for the GW, and updating without exiting system settings.

I believe that at some point there was an update that updated the Gateway cart, so it may do that once if you're on a really old Gateway version.

Reactions: Midnight Tboy

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I know 9.4 is not supported, just some feedback, is it wise to stay on 9.4 or could i aswell update to 9.7?
I really like to get some games from the eshop, but i can't decide to stick with 9.4 or update to 9.7 (N3DS XL)

I don't think Gateway will release any update to support 9.3 or higher.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has it been confirmed now that people with a N3DS don't have to redo the NVRAM steps, after the played a DS game?
There has been so much input in this thread now that I lost track of it, but it seems that only N3DS XL consoles are affected of the profile reset...

Anyone with both N3DS models did some tests?

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the blue installer has not changed. Also, you don't need to wipe your SD card. Just put the new launcher.dat on your SD card, and start Gateway. You'll be in your old EmuNAND. Then connect to a wifi point and (since this is an original 3DS XL) update your EmuNAND to 9.7 before Nintendo comes out with a 9.8. As is usual, make sure you're in EmuNAND by going into system settings, looking for the GW, and updating without exiting system settings.

I believe that at some point there was an update that updated the Gateway cart, so it may do that once if you're on a really old Gateway version.

Do I go to "Boot Gateway Mode" or "Boot Classic Mode" before updating?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has it been confirmed now that people with a N3DS don't have to redo the NVRAM steps, after the played a DS game?
There has been so much input in this thread now that I lost track of it, but it seems that only N3DS XL consoles are affected of the profile reset...

Anyone with both N3DS models did some tests?
Personally I have had to use the N3DS_ROPinstaller.nds every time I use my Supercard DSTwo because the exploit stops working for me, but some people said that it doesn't disappear on them, so I guess its a case by case basis.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country

thank you - I replaced launcher.dat file now. It has just brought up the new boot image, and when I choose Gateway mode is now prompting me for the update :) Finally glad I can get the emunand updated for some of the more recent stuff

edit - is there any need for me to perform this "Install NVRAm installer" option?

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I go to Settings in emuNAND 9.5 and then go to System Update and then it updates to GW 9.7? Just want to make sure. I replaced the launcher.dat

erinnnnnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just use a second fresh formatted micro sd for the process,put on new launcher+mset of your 3ds region,at the end of all,turn off your consolle,throw out that microsd and put the one with your previous emunand and it works for sure :)

THANKS! :)
Edit : the thing was I installed on emuNand, which is separate from sysnand. If it can help somebody.

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get DevMenu.3ds to run at all. I've downloaded it from three different places now, but when I run it in GW Mode on sysNAND the screens just go black. Anyone got any theories?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I have had to use the N3DS_ROPinstaller.nds every time I use my Supercard DSTwo because the exploit stops working for me, but some people said that it doesn't disappear on them, so I guess its a case by case basis.

That is what I'm trying to figure out. Do you habe a N3DS? Or a N3DS XL?
As far as I can tell people with a N3DS didn't had to reapply the NVRAM stuff.

Another theory I have are the DS games that were used. Coukd it be that some games just don't reset the profile data? Or does the 3DS reset it on it's own during DS mode launch?

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I updated to Gateway emuNAND 9.7. Can I use my Mewtwo DLC code on eShop just fine?

2. I forgot about this, but is playing retail carts online with emuNAND okay?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what I'm trying to figure out. Do you habe a N3DS? Or a N3DS XL?
As far as I can tell people with a N3DS didn't had to reapply the NVRAM stuff.

Another theory I have are the DS games that were used. Could it be that some games just don't reset the profile data? Or does the 3DS reset it on it's own during DS mode launch?
I have the N3DSXL Due to NOA Shenanigans. Some people mentioned earlier in the thread that its possibly homebrew apps that cause the mset exploit to get deleted and that just actual game cartridges wouldn't, but I have my game cards packed away due to having them all on the DSTwo(Whole point of the card imho). So I cant say for sure if you would need to reinstall if you just use an actual game cartridge but its still a high probability that you will so having the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds on the DSTwo is just prudent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all