MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
To those wondering, I did try and found that new MSETT entry point using downgraded System Settings only works for N3DS. I attempted it on o3DS and it just crashes back to Home Menu forcing a restart.

Looks like Gateway's new MSETT ROP chain is only setup for N3DS. :(

ohh... thanks, we (with 2DS) need this cia too :/ GW should consider us

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you downgrade the whitelist, but its weird, first time i used the blue card and exited the exploit was gone, second time it stayed........still needs more testing i think, i just launched a random homebrew app on the first go, might of been something to do with that
so it's not retail NDS game versus flashcard NDS game that makes a difference you think?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
psssshhh, if they have a save dongle or simple access to another GW compatible console they could install the exploit, then install the browser via cia and have done with, if you cant grasp it you dont have to argue, for some o3DS owners the oot exploit being ported to o3DS is their ONLY option without having to sell their console and get another one
I don't think you got a grasp of the argument itself. It's not about what you are mentioning.

The argument was to the fact that he was saying that an offline DS profile already exists for o3ds which is why this isnt really adding anything for o3ds, and that those who want it can simply downgrade. Then he said the whole exploit will require porting the ninja/Zelda exploit for o3ds, which is not true as the current online method can be used as an entry point.

My argument was that it does add an option as downgrading wouldn't be necessary, only system settings will be downgraded, keeping the 3ds on 9.x firmware. Those who don't have an access to this because they don't have a browser simply mean that they never had a working exploit, and even downgrading isn't an option. So this argument wasn't in relation of whether the Zelda/ninja game should be ported or not.

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, once the cia is installed, it stays for good, no need to reinstall.
About NVRAM, yes if you play a NDS game and switch off the N3DS directly after it.
It SEEMS if after playing a NDS game you go back to DS Profile and reinstall NVRAM from there BEFORE switching off, the exploit is saved.

Currently trying to determine what the deal is with disappearing DS Profile exploit, seems to be linked to playing original NDS versus flashcard NDS..

So I have start my DSTWO and return to the menu without turning off and the ds profile is wiped so i need to restart zelda OOT for reinstall NVRAM. Sure is not a big deal.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't think you got a grasp of the argument itself. It's not about what you are mentioning.

The argument was to the fact that he was saying that an offline DS profile already exists for o3ds which is why this isnt really adding anything for o3ds, and that those who want it can simply downgrade. Then he said the whole exploit will require porting the ninja/Zelda exploit for o3ds, which is not true as the current online method can be used as an entry point.

My argument was that it does add an option as downgrading wouldn't be necessary, only system settings will be downgraded, keeping the 3ds on 9.x firmware. Those who don't have an access to this because they don't have a browser simply mean that they never had a working exploit, and even downgrading isn't an option. So this argument wasn't in relation of whether the Zelda/ninja game should be ported or not.
well even still if this method was ported it would allow people who have 6.x retail cart saves and as such don't want to downgrade to 4.x as they will loose their saves to have an offline method, so there is still a legitimate reason to want this ported to 6.x-9.2 FW's......granted for gateway its a time vs demand situation, and i doubt its really on their priority list

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so it's not retail NDS game versus flashcard NDS game that makes a difference you think?
doesnt look like it, although it may cause issues if you load homebrew that touches the NVRAM....but as it stands it went missing once for me, and since then has stuck good and proper launching retail NDS games, blue card with games & homebrew......begs the question.....how do we remove it if we want to (simple answer would be to update MSET so it will reset it, but still)

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well even still if this method was ported it would allow people who have 6.x retail cart saves and as such don't want to downgrade to 4.x as they will loose their saves to have an offline method, so there is still a legitimate reason to want this ported to 6.x-9.2 FW's......granted for gateway its a time vs demand situation, and i doubt its really on their priority list
Lol that's what my argument is, that there is a need to have it ported, and that it had nothing to do with the Zelda/ninja exploit. It was his argument that if you want the DS profile you can simply downgrade :P

The Zelda/ninja exploit will only serve as an option as an entry point to those who don't have any of the current method, nothing else.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Lol that's what my argument is, that there is a need to have it ported, and that it had nothing to do with the Zelda/ninja exploit. It was his argument that if you want the DS profile you can simply downgrade :P

The Zelda/ninja exploit will only serve as an option as an entry point to those who don't have any of the current method, nothing else.
well you where saying its completely pointless, no matter what the argument is, there is a reason for *some* 6.x-9.2 users to want the MSET exploit without completely downgrading , and there is a reason for 5.x-9.2 users with no browser to want oot/cn to be ported.....of those 2 the browserless people are more deserving imo, but there is still a valid reason for both sides......but granted both of those groups of people are pretty small groups

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well you where saying its completely pointless, no matter what the argument is, there is a reason for 6.x-9.2 *some* users to want the MSET exploit without completely downgrading , and there is a reason for 5.x-9.2 users with no browser to want oot/cn to be ported.....of those 2 the browserless people are more deserving imo, but there is still a valid reason for both sides......but granted both of those groups of people are pretty small groups
No, I was saying that the Zelda/ninja entry point exploit are not a requirement to get the mset and DS profile ported, because o3ds can use the online exploit.

Those who do not have the online exploit for whatever reason, simply means they don't have an exploit to begin with. It has nothing to do with the fact that the DS profile can be ported and the online exploit can be used as an entry point.

Get the difference between the 2 arguments? :)

Edit: to make it more clear, I am not saying that it is pointless to port the Zelda/ninja games, I am simply saying that is not a requirement to get the DS profile working as the online exploit can be used as an entry point instead

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those wondering, I did try and found that new MSETT entry point using downgraded System Settings only works for N3DS. I attempted it on o3DS and it just crashes back to Home Menu forcing a restart.

Looks like Gateway's new MSETT ROP chain is only setup for N3DS. :(

Thanks for being adventurous.

Reactions: Margen67 and 2Hack

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, I was saying that the Zelda/ninja entry point exploit are not a requirement to get the mset and DS profile ported, because o3ds can use the online exploit.

Those who do not have the online exploit for whatever reason, simply means they don't have an exploit to begin with. It has nothing to do with the fact that the DS profile can be ported and the online exploit can be used as an entry point.

Get the difference between the 2 arguments? :)
ok ok i feell i must of missed this initial argument, but still having both done would help 2 sets of people.....but each of those *could* be done without doing the other that is correct
You were switching off the N3DS in-between tests?
If yes, this whole affair is so strange..
yep, switching off after exiting, switching off while still playing the NDS game....nothing shifted it

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the 3.2 GW exploit and NVRAM and mset. I reset system and tried to launch DS Profile, but it didn't boot into GW... Am I doing something wrong?

Had the same problem.

Do it on an micro sd card without emunand setup

Once your done switch back to your normal micro sd.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
ok ok i fell i must of missed this initial argument, but still having both done would help 2 sets of people.....but each of those *could* be done without doing the other that is correct

yep, switching off, after exiting, switching off while still playing the NDS game....nothing shifted it
On yeah definitely, if there are those who are browserless (never knew that was an issue!) Then I guess it's necessary to have them ported to o3ds. Besides, the more methods we have the better it is.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
On yeah definitely, if there are those who are browserless (never knew that was an issue!) Then I guess it's necessary to have them ported to o3ds. Besides, the more methods we have the better it is.
yeah its really not many, but it would be a pretty crappy situation to be in if you get a console in the exploitable region only to find it cant run anything at all, thats why i think they should get priority over people who simply dont want to downgrade (6.x save users) or cant downgrade (2DS users)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...