Status
Not open for further replies.

Jysix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do we have to launch go.gateway EVERYTIME to load the gateway card ??
That's a little annoying.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do we have to launch go.gateway EVERYTIME to load the gateway card ??
That's a little annoying.

I'm amazed how many people there are on the internet, taking part in discussions about hacking, that don't have a slightest idea how websites work.

*hint* set up a mirror server on your cellphone or whatever

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm amazed how many people there are on the internet, taking part in discussions about hacking, that don't have a slightest idea how websites work.

*hint* set up a mirror server on your cellphone or whatever

That's what I was thinking as well, just have a sort of Gateway bootstrap app in case you need to get into GW mode on the go. Or just tether, idk.

Reactions: Margen67

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's another entry point the Gateway team is working on, presumably the N3DS' only method to launch the exploit/get to the Gateway menu. It's the one SonyUSA talked about previously, and it's confirmed that it is still being worked on by GaryOPA.

They said this one would only need to be done once, so I'm guessing this is the exploit they will probably support most. I hope it doesn't completely break Miis though because I rather enjoy my Mii collection.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's another entry point the Gateway team is working on, presumably the N3DS' only method to launch the exploit/get to the Gateway menu. It's the one SonyUSA talked about previously, and it's confirmed that it is still being worked on by GaryOPA.
So am I to understand that the browser exploit is a temporary solution to shush us until the Mii maker exploit is out?

Skullx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which exploit do you guys prefer? Would you downgrade to 4.5? (When made possible)

DS mode:
+No internet required
-(Additional) Blue Gateway DS cart needed everytime to launch Gateway Mode

Web Browser:
+Only need your red Gateway cart
-Requires an internet connection everytime to launch Gateway Mode.

Upcoming: QR Code Mii Exploit?
Best of both worlds I imagine, no DS cart needed and no internet connection required.

Reactions: Margen67

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which exploit do you guys prefer?

DS mode:
+No internet required

Web Browser:

Best of both worlds I imagine, no DS cart needed and no internet connection required.

you dont need gateway blue card on ds mode every time , you need it just once unless you want to play both ds and 3ds games

felystar

Trophies
XP
Country
Which exploit do you guys prefer? Would you downgrade to 4.5? (When made possible)

DS mode:
+No internet required

Web Browser:

Actually you don't need the blue card every time you want to launch GW or emuNAND mode. Only if you play a DS Game you will need to reinstall the exploit using the blue card or any other DS flashcard. So I prefer DS Profile Exploit :P

Skullx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you don't need the blue card every time you want to launch GW or emuNAND mode. Only if you play a DS Game you will need to reinstall the exploit using the blue card or any other DS flashcard. So I prefer DS Profile Exploit :P

you dont need gateway blue card on ds mode every time , you need it just once unless you want to play both ds and 3ds games

Ah my bad, I thought you would need the blue DS cartridge to load up the exploit through DS mode. For systems 4.5

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So am I to understand that the browser exploit is a temporary solution to shush us until the Mii maker exploit is out?

I suppose so, it's hard to tell with the Gateway guys as they don't communicate much with the public.

That, assuming it's similar to Ninjhax in the sense that all you would need to do is visit the Mii Maker after scanning the code once to trigger Gateway mode.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DS mode:
+No internet required

Web Browser:

I probably won't be downgrading only because my sysNAND still has Smash Bros working on it in case my Gateway decides to fail on my or I can't launch the exploit. I actually found that if I installed stuff on emuNAND it would show up and work in sysNAND, but only if it's installed from the eShop. Great for those who might have found their stuff missing after formatting emuNAND.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The encryption used in Classic mode (even emuNAND Classic) depends on the version of SysNAND.

Until now, the highest exploitable SysNAND has been v4.5. Therefore it didn't support the 6.0 save encryption. I don't know if GW could have done anything about it.

Now, the maximum SysNAND version is 9.2. If you have this version, Classic Mode will naturally support all available encryption methods to date.

That's actually a perfect explanation and makes a lot of sense. I never even thought of that. I was wondering why the games saved under the previous encryption were still readable with the Gateway 3.0 considering the experiences I mentioned earlier. Thank you for the info!

So this pretty much means that for save compatibility, being on FW 6.x + is better than being on 4.x

Reactions: MrJason005

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

yep only once you play nds games, i've actually went and moved all my nds games on gateway blue card so i can run exploit right after quiting the game.

can someone explain why browser exploit doesnt work on new 3ds?
cos new 3ds has a different browser it's been mentioned few times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@