ROM Hack Garbled screen when injecting Metroid (U) into NES VC Injector.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I played around with VC injection, injecting Advance Wars 2 using the GBA injection tool and having a lot of success.

Now today I wanted to inject the original Metroid on NES, used the NES tool, and while it boots fine and shows a normal start screen. When I start the game I get garbled text and icons on the screen. The game is still running and plays music but the graphics are messed up. I used Pixel Perfect option when packaging the game, does that option not work for all games? I know my ROM is good, I used it on my original NES and it works fine there.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yesterday I played around with VC injection, injecting Advance Wars 2 using the GBA injection tool and having a lot of success.

Now today I wanted to inject the original Metroid on NES, used the NES tool, and while it boots fine and shows a normal start screen. When I start the game I get garbled text and icons on the screen. The game is still running and plays music but the graphics are messed up. I used Pixel Perfect option when packaging the game, does that option not work for all games? I know my ROM is good, I used it on my original NES and it works fine there.
When ya say original nes. Is that like FCEUX for pc? If its garbled. I would say to try again with some other options or look at trying to get the rom from another place and trying that one to see how it works.

Reactions: lordkaos

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When ya say original nes. Is that like FCEUX for pc? If its garbled. I would say to try again with some other options or look at trying to get the rom from another place and trying that one to see how it works.
On an original NTSC NES with a Flash Cart.

Just played it today using the same ROM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've tried with Pixel Perfect, Full Screen and Original VC, all lead to garbled screen once leaving the title screen and going into the game. Tested the ROM in FCEUX, works fine.

They have the title on the 3DS eShop so it should be emulatable. I turned off the dark filter too, not sure what else I can do? Title screen looks totally fine...

Last edited by blazingwolf,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I've tried with Pixel Perfect, Full Screen and Original VC, all lead to garbled screen once leaving the title screen and going into the game. Tested the ROM in FCEUX, works fine.

They have the title on the 3DS eShop so it should be emulatable. I turned off the dark filter too, not sure what else I can do? Title screen looks totally fine...
Where do you notice the garble start?

Aye, that is a headache to look at in game. Are you using the ultimate NES injector or the ultimate all in one?

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

like lone_wolf323 said, try to get the rom from another place, maybe the mapper info was modified to use a mapper unsupported by the 3ds.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: blazingwolf

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States