Gaming ROM Hack Gaming Super Robot Wars OE - Audio Determination

Slade_Wind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As to not have to rip my hair out, is there ANYWAY to determine among the thousands of audio files in the .awb voice files how to find characters lines? I had a few ideas, but their all falling through...

One? I was going to use the debug console to see if the voice lines pop up there. Like as soon as the line plays in game, I pause the emulator and look at the console and it tells me voice00.awb, line 3772 or something. God forbid it can ever be that easy...

Second? A software or tool like Sononym to play a the file that I recorded from in game and then fed into the tool to search among the gigantic audio folder library. Again, did not even come close to finding similar matches. Garbage...

Anyway to do any of the two options above otherwise this project will be futile. There are like 20 something awb files with 5000 lines within each. Thats ridiculous. I cannot search within those when finding each and every line. Not in one lifetime

Any help is appreciated!

Evanjellydonutz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as determining the audio, you gotta listen to them individually.

Usually, character lines are bunched together, so if you find a specific voice in a file, you can usually surmise that the same voice will encompass about 20 or so more files before changing to the next voice on the list

For example with SRW30, located within "Talk_patch1.cpk", Lines from 83 to 131 would belong to "Kenichi" from Voltes V.

This is currently what I am doing with SRW30, listening & documenting the 30k+ audio lines.

hope that explanation helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.