Gaming PC set-ups.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Bluestainedroses, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Bluestainedroses
    OP

Bluestainedroses GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2010
    United States
    Hey, i'm trying to compose a decent gaming pc set-up for myself. The games i want to play are mostly

-Call of Duty modern Warfare 2
    -Team fortress 2
    -Left 4 dead 2
    -Batman Arkham Asylum

and i want to have a system that has power for games to come.

My current set-up is.

Sapphire Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5570 1 GB
    Western Digital Internal Hard Drive 640GB 7200rpm
    ThermalTake Case DH202 HTPC. Desktop
    Kingston Memory Ram SODIMM DDR3 2 Gigabytes (x2)
    Asus Motherboard P7H55 Socket Type 1156
    Intel Processor Core i3-530, s1156 2.93GHz,1333MHz
    LG optical Drive DVR 22X

i was going for something 670-700$

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    In your case, I think you should get a good graphics card (Radeon HD5770-5870 or a nVidia GTX 460, although I wouldn't recommend the 465 or 480... of that selection, the HD5870 is the best), save up for a little while more (because that should be enough to sort you for gaming) then upgrade the CPU to a Core i5 750, with an after-market HSF like the Gelid Tranquillo, which should set you for a good 1.5-3 years.

Double check that you've got a good power supply. You'll want around 550-650W to keep a stable output for a high end graphics card (theoretically at least - in practice, there are many weak power supplies out there no matter what wattage it claims, so you should always stick to good manufacturers like Corsair, OCZ, Antec, etc).

One more thing - I very much doubt you've got Kingston SODIMM in your PC, unless you're describing a laptop in your setup. the "SO" part basically means it's short, used for laptops, and will not fit inside a PC.

3. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@

Last edited by playallday, Jun 22, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice