Gaming gaming laptop vs build+general use Laptop

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. Also if you lose a £1500 laptop, its end of the world. You feel like you have to baby it. A £300 nettop/tablet can be treated a bit more roughly and with a little less care.

Selp i have figured out my plan for now but it will be different once i build the pc (most likely with windows 10 rather than 8.1). Also for my moderate sub 500 laptop i will still treat it with care since 500 is still alot of money

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about a notebook with an external graphics amplifier or gaming dock?

Yes, I know, it's a bit outside the price point you were looking at, but the concept is rather exciting.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, I know, it's a bit outside the price point you were looking at, but the concept is rather exciting.

Yeah it is neat but I think I have decided to build a PC for 600 hundred and buy a 400 dollar laptop

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country

good in theory, shit in practice.

whats the CPU going to be? still a mobile CPU right? which in itself cripples emulation.

Much rather have a desktop + cheap laptop.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Selp i have figured out my plan for now but it will be different once i build the pc (most likely with windows 10 rather than 8.1). Also for my moderate sub 500 laptop i will still treat it with care since 500 is still alot of money

Yeah true. Its not like I'll start throwing my iPad around. But I go from caring for my laptop to babying and having OCD with my macbook pro which really isn't very comfortable.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never feel comfortable running anything intensive on a laptop whether or not the particular laptop can "handle" it because of all the heat generated in those tiny form-factors. I should note that I've had a laptop die due to overheating much like the 360's RROD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware