Gaming headset

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by MrDiesel, May 28, 2011.

May 28, 2011

Gaming headset by MrDiesel at 1:26 PM (922 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. MrDiesel
    OP

Member MrDiesel GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Hey guys,

I'm in for a new gaming headset. I now own a Creative HS-950 with USB output only, but I'm in need of analog outputs for my television (PS3).

The USB connection is great in terms of quality and features, the Tactic 3D Alpha has both the analog and USB. The Fatal1ty MKII has analog only.
    Tactic 3D Alpha has more features such as the THX TruStudio Pro technology, not that I care much. What I care about most is the sound quality and the comfort. I really would like them to fit around my whole ear. The HS-950 I have now doesn't fit around my whole ear and it hurts after some time.

If you guys have suggestions for another brand (beside Creative) for max. € 40 includding shipping, I would be glad to hear them.

I'm really in doubt, so I hope you guys can help. I can get both for a price of about € 40 including shipping.
    An other option is to opt for the older Creative Fatal1ty headset, which would be about € 30 including shipping.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Analog is potentially far superior to USB, just you need a good soundcard (and good quality cabling) to hear the difference.
    I'll go ahead and recommend the original fatal1ty headset, as it has better reviews and looks nicer. Plus it's cheaper, and that's more money to spend on vidya.

3. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    get a Gamecom Plantronics 367 / 377 or some Sennheiser.... or if you want something more stylish, the SteelSeries Siberia

4. MasterPenguin

Member MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Alright. Here's my thoughts on the Fatal1ty headset. I had one, and it's extremely comfy for short periods of time. When you start wearing it for 6+ hours, for me it just got extremely painful and I just couldn't wear it any longer. If you're not planning on wearing it for long times, it's really nice. Otherwise, I'd avoid the fatal1ty lineup.

Currently got a g35 which I wear all day every day, so I can give it a voucher. (The price is ouch though.)

5. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    Don't buy into the "Gaming Headset" gimmick...

Just do yourself a favor and buy this + this. You'll thank me in the long run.

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I just went with a pair of Sennheiser headphones and a cheap webcam. Same principle.

Although, the "gaming headset" gimmick is not really a gimmick - they're supposed to be designed for WoW players who wear them for roughly 18 hours a day, so they're meant to be more comfortable than bog standard headsets.

7. moose3

Member moose3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll second the plantronics gamecom 377 which you can pick up for less than $30.