Hacking GameTDB - game information database + covers

ex0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update the cover for Ford Racing Offroad, as it's incorrect. I can't upload the new fullcover and disc cover, keeps telling me it already exists. I have the original game, and have scanned at HQ both the cd and the full cover, and would like to upload it to the site. Right now, the cover is set to Offroad eXtreme, and that's not right at all. I have both .jpg's (coverfull and cdcover), and would like to get them changed. How do I go about doing that ?

I also noticed that warioware: smooth moves isn't complete, either. I have the fullcover for this game too, and would like to upload it.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i've deleted all the covers for Ford Racing Offroad , you can now upload your Fullcover , it will create the HQ , the regular fullcover , the front cover and the 3D cover automatically.
For the disc : the existing one is the custom , to upload yours , select disc and not custom disc
wink.gif

I'm checking warioware now
wink.gif

EDIT : can't find what's wrong with warioware smooth moves (RODE01)
huh.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any chance someone could add the word The to the title entry for HotD:Overkill or take it out of the entry for HotD:2&3?

Sorry, I know it's not a big deal, but would be nice for consistencies sake

ex0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I thought it was warioware. It appears to be mario and sonic at the ollympic games.

EDIT: Uploaded the fullcover for ford racing offroad. Does it require verification or something? I need to install photoshop so I can get the disc cover on. Forgot to crop it to square before I uploaded it.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
ID RO2E7N
region NTSC-U
title (EN) Ford Racing Off Road

the full cover you have is not retial cover ,

please delete the ford racing disc cover .. that is not the right cover thanks

ex0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the original one in there was incorrect, same with the disc cover. The one I am trying to upload for both fullcover and disc cover are both 100% retail ntsc. I know because I bought it myself.

I have an admin for wiitdb working on getting it uploaded.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for scann them then ,, keep up the good work .. the one on there wasnt retial , but if you scann it it will be up sooon then ,, thanks for the retial cover .

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
Any chance someone could add the word The to the title entry for HotD:Overkill or take it out of the entry for HotD:2&3?

Sorry, I know it's not a big deal, but would be nice for consistencies sake

Thanks whoever sorted that out. Much appreciated

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benjay, you said the reason why there wasn't a category for HQ when uploading was to insure that all the covers match, yet I'm finding full covers that aren't the same as the HQ ones (for example, R3SE52)? The HQ looks correct, but the full is clearly a custom. Anyways, I guess I'll let you know about them as I discover them. I just thought that you meant that when a HQ cover was uploaded, the full cover was generated from that, but clearly that isn't the case. Hopefully zorg will allow me to grab the NTSC full/HQ covers so I can more easily compare them all.
wink.gif

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
spayrosam said:
Super Mario 64 ID:?SMP00 / CSMP00
That's nice, but please do not add this to the database, Homebrew is ok, but not roms (we can't list every possible game turned into iso)

QUOTE(Skizzo @ Oct 20 2009, 10:17 AM)
Benjay, you said the reason why there wasn't a category for HQ when uploading was to insure that all the covers match, yet I'm finding full covers that aren't the same as the HQ ones (for example, R3SE52)? The HQ looks correct, but the full is clearly a custom. Anyways, I guess I'll let you know about them as I discover them. I just thought that you meant that when a HQ cover was uploaded, the full cover was generated from that, but clearly that isn't the case. Hopefully zorg will allow me to grab the NTSC full/HQ covers so I can more easily compare them all.
wink.gif
The full is generated when you upload a HQ but only if it doesn't exist (if you don't have overwrite rights), this was to avoid replacing a good full by a wrong one.
I'll probably change it so that HQ is the minimal size and 512x340 is always generated.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. I know you accept custom CD's but what's the policy regarding custom cover art. If you have no problems accepting them couldn't you give them their own category so people like myself trying to see what covers are needed don't have to actually view all the images to verify if they are indeed genuine retail covers or customs? Of course, that would require people to upload to the proper category and/or someone verifying them all. I guess if it was noticed that certain people were uploading to the wrong category on a regular basis their access could be revoked.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Skizzo said:
Ah, I see. I know you accept custom CD's but what's the policy regarding custom cover art. If you have no problems accepting them couldn't you give them their own category so people like myself trying to see what covers are needed don't have to actually view all the images to verify if they are indeed genuine retail covers or customs? Of course, that would require people to upload to the proper category and/or someone verifying them all. I guess if it was noticed that certain people were uploading to the wrong category on a regular basis their access could be revoked.
Good question... I'll add this to the requirements on the upload form to make it perfectly clear. The only custom art on the site should be for discs (because original disc artwork is harder to find), and for custom iso/homebrew (because there is no official artwork), for covers and full covers, any custom you see needs be replaced by the retail version.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Skizzo said:
wink.gif

Well , some HQ are not the same as full , because at the begining of WiiTDB , you could only upload full covers.
And from a little time , you can upload HQ , but , if full already exists , then it's not overwritten with the HQ...(except for authorized users)
so it results that some full are different of HQ.
When you find covers in this case , just let me (or Zorglub , or Yod4z) know , and we will fix it
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.