Hacking GameTDB - game information database + covers

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Configurable USB Loader now supports unicode and we have the ability to support the O with macron in the title of Ōkami (as well as the star in Captain ★ Rainbow and the bullet in WALL•E). Is it possible to add a version of titles.txt that includes this change to Ōkami?

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been debating whether or not to even suggest this, but maybe we can open a short discussion on the topic.

How about adding a SAVE GAME FILE to each page? I know there is a list of CON's for this a mile long, but there are some PRO's as well.
The other day I had a friend come over to play some wii, and we starting playing Rayman's Raving Rabbits TV Party, and spent the better part of an hour waiting to unlock some great games. Spent another hour searching for a save game that would unlock all the mini-games with no luck. So we give up and started playing Mario Kart, and somehow my save-game was deleted, and I no longer had all the cars/drivers/tracks....

I know it's almost needlessly complicated, but what do you guys think?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would you decide what games were the best ones to put on the server? it seems like a can of worms that is best left unopened to me. wiisave.com is always there.

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
Configurable USB Loader now supports unicode and we have the ability to support the O with macron in the title of ?kami (as well as the star in Captain ? Rainbow and the bullet in WALL•E). Is it possible to add a version of titles.txt that includes this change to ?kami?That's great news
smile.gif
The database has always used Unicode, there's no need for a different version.
"Captain ? Rainbow" and "WALL•E" are already spelled like this, but ?kami was left as Okami in the database because the default USB Loader GX font doesn't have ?, even though it has been supporting Unicode for a long time now. I'll change it soon.

QUOTE(Pop006 @ Sep 22 2009, 04:41 PM) How about adding a SAVE GAME FILE to each page?.
as giantpune said, this is a can of worms and is unlikely to hapen, at least for now.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
wiitdb is like a wiki , everyone who is registered can add content
wink.gif

do you still have the coverfull of my horse and me 2 in a igh resokution ? (i mean more than 1024x680)
if so , send it to me by PM , so i can overwrite front cover and 3D cover with it , because they are differents of yours
wink.gif

And in the mean time , it will create a HQ cover (1024x680).

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
All the HQ COVERS I did , is on FTP , under bubba's covers .. go look on there

I will put it in your folder ,,on FTP .. look in there

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
No , Zorglub will do it.
he can transfer them from your directory to the correct folder on the FTP.
Me , i have to download them , and upload on the site
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zorglub07 said:
That's great news
smile.gif
The database has always used Unicode, there's no need for a different version.
"Captain ? Rainbow" and "WALL•E" are already spelled like this, but ?kami was left as Okami in the database because the default USB Loader GX font doesn't have ?, even though it has been supporting Unicode for a long time now. I'll change it soon.
Thanks
smile.gif
. I only suggested the separate version as it will likely mess up those loaders that still won't display the ?. Sorting could be an issue for those loaders too.

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

this is a great project and I'd love to contribute, especially as I want all my full covers to be readable so I prepared several covers in much higher quality than they are currently available (I created them as 1024x680, are even higher resolutions allowed/wished do they make sense?)

But somehow I can't register on the site, I mean I register but the confirmation email never arrives, although I tried different email accounts.

About cover replacements: is this thread the right place to offer higher quality replacements or how should I go about that?

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Yakomo said:
Hey,

this is a great project and I'd love to contribute, especially as I want all my full covers to be readable so I prepared several covers in much higher quality than they are currently available (I created them as 1024x680, are even higher resolutions allowed/wished do they make sense?)

But somehow I can't register on the site, I mean I register but the confirmation email never arrives, although I tried different email accounts.

About cover replacements: is this thread the right place to offer higher quality replacements or how should I go about that?
When you upload a file bigger than 1024x680, the HQ version is automatically created as well as the regular full cover. Only the HQ version will be available, but all uploads are kept in case a bigger resolution is needed one day. You don't need to resize your files at all.
To suggest a replacement, you can contact Benjay or myself. If you have a lot to add you could upload to the ftp.
Look into your junk/spam folder, the mail may be there. Else, contact me with your info and I'll register you.

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I swear I checked the spam folder and the mail wasn't there! But now I checked again and suddenly there it was
unsure.gif

Anyway, I am finally registered and ready to contribute. For starters I created 1024x680 covers for these games, which are only available at 512x340:

R43E69 - EA Sports Active - NTSC-U
RE4E08 - Resident Evil Archives - NTSC-U
RE4P08 - Resident Evil Archives - PAL-FR
RJ8E64 - Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings - NTSC-U
RWSP8P - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - PAL-DE
RZDP01 - Zelda Twilight Princess - PAL-DE
SXAE52 - GuitarHero-WorldTour - NTSC-U

This one was already available in 1024x680, but colors were washed out and needed fixing:

RWSP8P - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - PAL-EN

They are ready to be used in 1024x680 dimension, file format png, dust removed, rotation and color corrected. All are the official covers, not custom
biggrin.gif

How should I best submit these? I think it would be great if 1024x680 covers would overwrite existing 512x340 covers, or maybe an "fullcoverhd" option as suggested before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.