Gamestop

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm in the market for Ys I & II Chronicles but my local Gamestop doesn't have it. It's also currently unavailable on the Gamestop website so I can't order it from there. So, why not get it from Amazon or something? Because it's like $70 new on Amazon and Gamestop's website says $19.99. However, there is a Gamestop about 60 miles away that apparently has it according to the website. My question is, can I ask my local Gamestop to give the other Gamestop a ring and ask them to send their copy of Ys I & II Chronicles to my local Gamestop so I can buy it? Does Gamestop do that sort of thing?

RPG_Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never known Gamestop to do a store-to-store transfer, myself. You could ask them - worst they'd do is say no. Personally, I've driven that distance (and more) to get an item I'm looking for that I couldn't get at a local store. If you can - make the drive. Just call that store, verify they have it, and ask them to hold it - preferably the day you can make the trip. Get directions via google. Get the game, if the store is in a mall - explore it. Make a fun trip out of it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Y'know who'd be better to ask about this?
Gamestop. You can search up the store and its number and give 'em a call.
You'd have to phone them anyway.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you call and ask them to hold it for you before driving the sixty miles.
ofcoarse with gas prices, you might be better off buying off ebay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon