1. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Lets put some numbers out there for you to ponder, asia had ~81,000 cases. Out of 1.3 trillion people thats 1,300,000,000,000 that means 1 out of every 16,000,000 people caught it. Now most of those people are cramped up in a space way smaller than in america. Now out of those only ~3,300 died yep end of the world scenarios here lets stop everything and hide in the hills.

Edit on topic. Guess i will have to wait for doom so i can pick both up at the same time like i planned anyways.

Last edited by wartutor, Mar 19, 2020
    tyrantnyx and Tony_93 like this.
  2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    sweet can pirate it a day early

Goku1992A and DarkCoffe64 like this.
  3. morvoran

morvoran Trumpican

United States
    I would go and buy a copy of Doom today if they released a corona virus mod for it where you fight demons for rolls of toilet paper and slap the faces of the humans who are being overly hysterical over such a small issue.

On a side note, the animal crossing virus mod would be boring as the mayor of your town would ban social events and force you to stay in your house and have no contact with your neighbors

4. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
    As a "safety precaution" against other stores and digital distribution eating into their sales.

5. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
    Game stop employees remind me of pod people.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

More like Gamecantstopwontstop

7. arcanine

arcanine GBAtemp Regular

He said "life", not "your life". Going to work is endangering life. Maybe not your life, but somebody's. Just because you do not understand the nature of the situation does not mean you are correct in your assessment of the risk.

Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    To be fair I view Animal Crossing/Nintendo fanboys as contagious and generally to be avoided. If you can use a nice mass panic as a guise to avoid it then so much the better.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  9. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    That doesn't undermine any of the reasons people criticize Gamestop very harshly. Just to summarize it, during the increasing spread of the virus:

- Gamestop told employees that they'll provide more sanitizers and masks into every store, yet only a small fraction of those received the equipment. In some places, Gamestop corporate pretty much put responsibility on shoulders of workers by asking them to spend money on their own sanitizers and masks.
    - Gamestop told customers that every store is properly sanitized, despite that not being the case
    - Gamestop didn't provide any support or replacement for those who fell ill, essentially overloading people who are still healthy and increasing their chances to become ill too
    - Despite having the opportunity, Gamestop didn't send a single employee to work from home
    - Similarly, employees who fell sick are left unsupported by Gamestop, despite corporate's own incompetence in protecting the workers (and what's the point in staying at work if you get infected anyway and lose on money and health regardless)
    - Till the last moment, Gamestop refused to cancel launch events for Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing, only caving in after vocal backlash.

Now that they're going the whole "We truly care, it's not to sell copies earlier, we promise" route, it's only fair and justified that people call them out on their piled up BS.

Last edited by Pipistrele, Mar 19, 2020
  10. Japermen

Japermen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What is a Gamestop employee going to do from home?

11. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    There's a lot of things selected retail workers can do from home. Stuff like accounting, managing online orders, dealing with customer support, etc. That kind of offload is already practiced in some places here in Eastern Europe during quarantine - sure, you can't send all workers home, but you can mitigate risks by giving that kind of job to high-risk employees who can end up being screwed by coronavirus if they continue to work in non-quarantined environment (especially poorly sanitized places such as most Gamestop stores).

Japermen likes this.
  12. Japermen

Japermen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah, I see. This is to be expected of Gamestop by now.

13. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ The Panty Stealing Enby

Antarctica
    Imagine being such a piece that you think you need to keep a video game store open during a pandemic.
    Easy, they can stay home and not risk their health and the health of others just for the sake of selling video games.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Mar 19, 2020
    AkiraKurusu likes this.
  14. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Would supermarkets and the like be considered "essential"?
    What about stores like Big W, Target, Myers (I live in Sydney)? Stores that sell a wide variety of things and not just food?

15. Japermen

Japermen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Please do not reply to me with stupid comments. Thanks.

16. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

United States
    I'm going into day 3 of Animal Crossing. Never got into these games before, but it turns it it's exactly what I needed right now. Four kinds of fruit trees. First house upgrade, Nook's Cranny, museum and new residents on the way. Be safe, people!

17. NoNAND

NoNAND Give me back my legions!

Albania
    I wonder if .NSPs files will be available earlier as well.

18. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Regular

United States
    really guys? i mean come on they JUST came out and you're already getting ready to pirate? :O

Goku1992A likes this.
  19. deinonychus71

deinonychus71 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Welcome to gbatemp, where people openly admit to pirating ~

banjo2 likes this.
  20. arcanine
    This message by arcanine has been removed from public view by Chary, Mar 19, 2020, Reason: petty.
    Mar 19, 2020 Show
  21. NoNAND

NoNAND Give me back my legions!

Albania
    My life my game. I play my games by my own rules
    My policy: it's never illegal to pirate if you're not getting caught
    Whether people like it or not.

themosteve likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - precaution, GameStop, selling