1. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Ah yes when I think Gamestop the first word that comes to mind is safety

2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Hmm isn't the Switch release post-prone? If I remember correct it's just PC, Xbox and Playstation that gets it.

3. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I can't fathom why people are upset over this. You have the option to get the game a day early. It doesn't have a negative impact on you. Unless you're that upset that it's Doom and not Animal Crossing?

4. Japermen

Japermen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Please do not reply to me with stupid comments. Thanks.

5. xdarkx

xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    1.3 trill... what?? You should fact check those numbers there.

Also, the ~81k cases found and ~3.3k death is for China. I'm not sure you even know how China got to that number. Hint, China did a lot of daily quarantine and testing to make sure the number doesn't grow exponentially.

Like what I suggested to the other guy, you can go share your thoughts on how you feel about all this Coronavirus in social media as well (or anyone that wants to talk about it for that matter).

Pretty much any stores that sells daily necessity items. Outside of food, things like medicine (ex. Cold medicine or prescription drugs) or personal care (ex. Shampoo, soup, or toilet paper).

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  6. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oops 1.3 billion not trillion. And america cant talk about how china got there numbers u cant even get tested in indiana unless 1 you left the country in the last 2 weeks or 2 you have been in contact with someone that has left the country. One way to keep numbers down.

7. deinonychus71

deinonychus71 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Europe had the same thoughts and didn't do much initially (Well, Italy actually cancelled all flights to China, we know what happened).
    The problem is making sure not everyone get sick at the same time, as ~5% of the people affected will need intensive care. Italy ran out of equipment in hospital to handle these cases and had to make tough decisions on who live and who die.
    You can think that's too much but for a government, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. However the chance is governments will be blamed a little less if they were too cautious than not enough.
    Even though the economic consequences will potentially cause more deaths in the long run.

8. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    "Safety precaution" as in: Better sell the new Doom ASAP before we are forced to close down our stores, fuck our customers and fuck our employees, we don't care if they get coronavirus, GIVE US MONEY YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

Yeah, fuck GS's ceo.
    Also:

The Real Jdbye likes this.
  9. xdarkx

xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Again I have no clue what you are talking about, nor do I think you know what you are talking about yourself either. The numbers of cases and deaths you mentioned in your initial reply is for China. The stats are readily available for anyone to look up. Here's a link to the stats page. You don't need to reply back to me. Just go do your own research and get informed about the situation yourself.

10. arcanine

arcanine GBAtemp Regular

I will reply to exactly what I want to. If you don't like it, feel free to add me to your ignore list

11. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes Bro that's the point..... Animal Crossing is already available. Being honest I actually do own like 10 switch games and all of them need online but the other 70 I have on my HDD.That is the point of having a modded switch.

On topic maybe this will boost GS sales but until they fix the pricing on their games they will always do bad. Whenever I do buy from game stop they have like the buy 2 get 2 free or something like that.

Last edited by Goku1992A, Mar 19, 2020
  12. Leen

Leen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    To Be Fair the same could be said for the people with the disease

13. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ The Panty Stealing Enby

Antarctica
    I feel like it should be a given that people with the disease need to stay home, but a lot don’t or don’t know they have it until they’ve already started spreading it. GameStop doesn’t need to be open, it’s a non-essential store that’s only putting their employees and public at risk by staying open.

14. Leen

Leen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh i agree they should be closed at the moment but a lot of places "should" be closed but aren't not just gamestop

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  15. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    Wait so is Doom Eternal also coming out for Switch on March 19th?
    I haven't seen anything about the Switch version coming out already, I wanted to see just how big the file size was for Eternal just to get my SD card ready for it

16. Leen

Leen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    basically yes but they haven't relesed file size for switch yet (Xbox 1 is supposed to be 50 GB and have a day one 5 GB download)

17. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    I thought so given how it is already March 19th, yet no mention of the game's size or anything.
    I'll keep an eye out throughout the day, thanks!

18. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Oh, they're most likely going to close after the Animal Crossing release, and act like they suddenly care about their employees, and act like the good guys.

19. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    [​IMG]

pity i don't have my evga 2070 super ftw3 yet o well my evga 1080 ti ftw3 will have to suffice for now

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Mar 19, 2020
  20. Japermen

Japermen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So you do not deny they are stupid comments. That's the first smart thing you've done.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - precaution, GameStop, selling