Gamestop Trade-ins

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by smellyunicorn, Mar 26, 2011.

Mar 26, 2011

Gamestop Trade-ins by smellyunicorn at 11:41 PM (1,077 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. smellyunicorn
    OP

Newcomer smellyunicorn Advanced Member

United States
    I am going to trade in my DSi to get the 75 off. My question is can I also trade in some games to reduce the price even lower?

2. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    It says on the site get an extra 25% on games traded in towards Nintendo 3DS game... I don't see anything on games towards the system.

You can still trade in games for normal credit towards the system but I don't see anything besides the usual power trade deals and the one above.

3 games- 10% more credit
    5 games- 20% more credit
    7 or more games- 30% more credit
    On any games put towards the purchase of a Nintendo 3DS game- 25% extra credit

3. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Of course. You can trade in anything you want to lower the price.

The reason they're advertising the hell out of the DS trade-ins is because people don't always think to offload their DS to buy a 3DS, or maybe they're offering like $10 more than standard trade-in value if the DS is put toward a 3DS.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Do you have to include the charger when you trade it in (and are there any benefits in doing so?)
    Does anyone know what quality the DS has to be in before you trade it in? If the clerk doesn't check it but it's defective, can they somehow return the DS to you and force you to refund them?

5. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Errr they usually plug it in and check it on the spot and I've traded in 2 DSLites. The system shouldn't be cracked or broken anywhere.
    My DS' weren't overly scratched so I don't know about this... But I would assume not too damaged. They told me I needed to have the Serial Code on the back still present (so my DSPhat wasn't able to be traded in but the others were).

That's as much as I know....

EDIT: I would assume you'd need the charger... I had a charger for each so it wasn't an issue for me.
    I'd still bring it in and see if you're capable of getting anything anyway. Don't let what I say hold ya back or anything. [​IMG]

6. Zparks

Newcomer Zparks Member

Australia
    At the game store I work at; having the charger will net you a little more, condition does help also. Mind you I know we have to test them before accepting them. Not sure how it is over there.

7. bigpaws

Member bigpaws Cat with da Big Paws!

United States
    the trade values they are advertising are for great condition
    the value goes down from there
    you are not garenteed the advertised trade in