Gaming Games you'd like to be remade

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If I said I wish they would just dump Steel Panthers on the DS, would anyone know what I was talking about? Just curious.

yes, we do know.
even young people like the members of this board are able to play really old games for hardcore old skool gamers like you.
ph34r.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, If i was really good at homebrew I would work non stop to get a WIFI enabled version of this PC game I had played for many many years (5+ off and on).
The name was A.R.C Attack Retrieve Capture. Its a game where you attack the other team...retrieve your flag if they grab it and capture the other teams flag at the same time. Using regular lasers, bouncy lasers, bombs and missles. People got incredibly skilled at this game. It was a free online game open to all players worldwide really. Sierra was the most recent company to buy it...then they said they would stop supporting it. The community had been going for about 10 years. Here is abit of footage. It survives under a new name, Spark, and is unofficial and I haven't played it since. But the ds could handle it and I got as far as programming a homebrew moving the ship sprite with the directional pad and using the touch screen to control the radical (how you aim) I was just getting to adding map collision then I realized I'm a newb and have never programmed before...soo I knew I wouldn't be able to handle all the inbetween.
But I'm sure the DS could handle it and it would be great if the WIFI were included...I would definitely start working on my homebrew again if I had any clue how I would get the rest of it to work (IE. I'm clueless, but if you want to clue me in I'll do what i can)

Also another fun free multiplayer internet game i used to play was Uni-ball, which is still free and available. and I think the DS could handle it as well. Its kinda like a hockey game with space ships

and yeah...if you watch the video...the rap the guy is doing is really about the game...pretty...crazy

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Some Alien Hominid on the DS!
One of the funnest, and weirdest platformer I've ever played
biggrin.gif

I beat the GBA port, it wasn't that great...could have been much longer.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shenmue could be a cool remake. I forgot how horrid the stupid tank controls were... What were they thinking?! Otherwise an amazing 2 games. It would be a ton of work but they could remake 1 and 2 in number 3.... Not that it will EVER happen
frown.gif

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Twiffles said:
Pokemon Gold & Silver.

Well, maybe I'll be blamed but what for ?
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are awesome, with a bunch of new features, and we can get all (almost?) every existing pokemon.
I'd rather have a brand new generation than a remake.

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
My #1 pick would be Heroes of Might & Magic 2 & 3. Course, I must say these would probably be even better on the NDS since it has twice the screen area. The CPU requirements would be very, very do-able on the GBA platform.

For a lot of the other remakes, you should looks towards the emulation scene. Almost all the classic NES games work perfectly!

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Daggerfall on the DS ... I have logged over 10,000 hours on that game, over a 12 year period ...

I am currently funding a project to bring Daggerfall up-to-date on the PC, using the Elder Scrolls construction kits ...

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's over 400 days... IE you used an entire year (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) PLUS playing that game. Although over a decade, it doesn't sound that bad... Hm.. Just don't go near WoW.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
That's over 400 days... IE you used an entire year (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) PLUS playing that game. Although over a decade, it doesn't sound that bad... Hm.. Just don't go near WoW.

I played WoW ... didn't like it, that much ... got 1 toon to about level 23, and got bored ...

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see the legend of zelda oot..or mm ported to the ds
and there is a rumor going around that there will be a pokemon gold&silver remake for the ds
a new "earthbound" would be cool in my opinion for the ds
........Well what would make a good rpg would be paper mario for the ds
Can anyone agree with me?

JSalcedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the MMORPG Maplestory on the DS that would work on wifi. That would seriously own, and I'm sure sales would do well.. since it would be the only MMORPG on the DS.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JSalcedo said:
I was thinking the MMORPG Maplestory on the DS that would work on wifi. That would seriously own, and I'm sure sales would do well.. since it would be the only MMORPG on the DS.

Maple Story DS has been out in Korea since last year, and has a yet unnounced release date in other countries ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users