Hacking Games with req FW 3.61

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm always baffled by people who hack their consoles, and then cry when the parent company fights back ...

Because the company usually make a move that does more damage to them than good in the long run. A lot of people have bought games (digital and physical) because they know they can get fan translations, undubs and mods for those games through Henkaku which gave them more of an incentive to buy.

If new games are forcing 3.61, that means none of those things can be used which removes that added incentive for those ppl to buy the games.
Granted there's not a huge amount Sony can do to stop current henkaku users besides pushing updates. But forcing a new update for games might deter some people from buying those games. (and yes, it also stops ppl being able to pirate those games, but many ppl do end up buying games they enjoy and supporting the companies)

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I'm always baffled by people who hack their consoles, and then cry when the parent company fights back ...
Replace the word "hack" with "pirate" and I'd agree with you, but Sony shouldn't be fighting back against translation patches, backups of legally owned games, emulation of dead consoles, and game mods. Those things don't hurt Sony in any way, to the contrary, they increase the features of their product FOR FREE, making it more appealing to consumers and driving more sales. Fighting the homebrew is tantamount to fighting their own console sales, as well as the sales of their software, for the reasons mentioned in an above post.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Because the company usually make a move that does more damage to them than good in the long run. A lot of people have bought games (digital and physical) because they know they can get fan translations, undubs and mods for those games through Henkaku which gave them more of an incentive to buy.

If new games are forcing 3.61, that means none of those things can be used which removes that added incentive for those ppl to buy the games.
Granted there's not a huge amount Sony can do to stop current henkaku users besides pushing updates. But forcing a new update for games might deter some people from buying those games. (and yes, it also stops ppl being able to pirate those games, but many ppl do end up buying games they enjoy and supporting the companies)

That's literally the point, when you hack your console , you know what that entails, are we going to pretend that Sony or Nintendo is fine with people hacking their consoles? "hmmm maybe we shouldn't limit this new game to a new fw, because then people who hacked their consoles can't play it .... " .... yeah no

Maverick81PL

Trophies
Website
teammaverickone.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Poland
@Maverick81PL Basically "tell your vita the system version is 3.61 > dump the game > tell the game it can run in 3.60 > run the game in 3.60" :glare:

This is way too easy to actually work, that's not an actual way to bypass encryption lol

Edit:

From the pastebin itself again
"I dont have any games that require 3.61, but this is what I expect to work"

Don't know how K missed that the first time around (I didn't actually read the "disclaimer" and went straight for the steps so...) wishfull thinking clown confirmed xD

Just try this with Chines Magic Files (available on maidump forum) and then complain. BTW someone leek latest maidump. But not work for me :-/

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's literally the point, when you hack your console , you know what that entails, are we going to pretend that Sony or Nintendo is fine with people hacking their consoles? "hmmm maybe we shouldn't limit this new game to a new fw, because then people who hacked their consoles can't play it .... " .... yeah no

Actually I think you missed my point. If the vita was hacked, but there was literally no way to pirate on the system (like if vitamin and maidump where impossible to make), do you think Sony would force updates for their latest games? No of course not. Like I said there isn't a whole lot else they could do beside updating firmware (but not forcing updates), because forcing locks out ppl who use henkaku, but do not pirate, from buying games (meaning less potential customers, hacked or otherwise).

But it still screws them a little anyway since people who want to buy games are gonna buy them, whether they pirated them or not in the first place is irrelevant. Locking games to higher firmwares means these ppl are less likely to buy those games because they enjoy the customisation brought by the hacks. (unless they can afford a second system, but I doubt Sony is reliant on that)

Pirates who greed are just not potential customers to begin with so technically they don't lose money over those people. It still doesn't make piracy okay, but it's a fact.
For example, if a thief wants an iPhone but has zero intention of buying one, then they wont buy one, regardless of whether they actually steal one or not. The same thing happens with video games.

So I was saying there's a difference between a potential customer (homebrew/hacks or not), and a pirate. And locking games to higher firmwares can lock out some of those potential customers, which would lose them money. The pirates will just wait until a solution is found, because they are not the potential customers in this case. And if a solution is found, this might prompt some potential customers to actually resort to pirating, as it would b the only chance they have of playing a newer game without buying a new system or giving up on easier save management, custom themes, undubs and mods or whatever it is they use the system for. (Even if these customers did buy the game and then use a pirate/cracked copy of it on their 3.60 system, it's still piracy)

Therefore Sony screwing themselves over a little, like for example if you considering the demand for fan-translated Japanese titles that genuine 3.60 users are buying because they can now understand the game. Games they would not buy without an English release, whether it be official or fan-made. (again, not condoning piracy, but the scenarios I've mentioned are a possibility)

Reactions: NeroAngelo

niche2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Darkess Dungeon needs 3.61! The req FW didn't change. The source is the same. Why should it change? It's bullshit.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's almost like all you people do is complain. get over it, piracy is here to stay, sony will continue to block it every chance they get. get over it, stop complaining, and move on.

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's almost like all you people do is complain. get over it, piracy is here to stay, sony will continue to block it every chance they get. get over it, stop complaining, and move on.

It's almost like all you do is complain about people complaining, how about YOU stop complaining about people complaining and YOU move on?...

Last edited by Tony_93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.