Games with hideously long credits

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's always satisfying to see the credits when you beat a game. It really indicates it's over. However, sometimes you get a game that has credits that go until your batteries start getting low. Which games have you played that have horribly long credits? (this is not limited to the DS. Any system is fine)

Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales: (DS) Longest credits ever. even with the little mini game in it, it takes at least ten minutes to finish the credits. (and that's pretty accurate actually) You are forced to sit through them at some point, because the mini-game will unlock duel cards.

Drill Dozer: (GBA) Had veeeery long credits. Too long.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB) Also had incredibly long credits.

Ocarina of Time: (N64) Really Long credits, but you had something to look at at least.

Majora's Mask: (N64) super long credits that are pointless unless you do all of the side quests in the game. (cut-scenes related to a mask's story line will be shown if that side quest was completed)

Donkey Kong Country: (SNES) mainly because of showing all of the characters though, so it only half counts.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina of Time: (N64) Really Long credits, but you had something to look at at least.

Majora's Mask: (N64) super long credits that are pointless unless you do all of the side quests in the game. (cut-scenes related to a mask's story line will be shown if that side quest was completed)
These credits were not long enough.

Credits length all seem the same to me, but what matters is how they are presented. I usually dislike just text scrolling credits unless they have some good music.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say that most games have long credits, but since i play awesome games that probably had a lot of people work on them, i sit there and try to read the names, alot of japanese names are hard to read but i do it to respect them for creating a good game that killed 10+ hours of my life
tongue.gif

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom hearts 1 and 2, maybe chain of memories. I like the song and all, but it is super long! There is cool effecs and art though, and in the COM, you see all the sprites. But, I would prefer the keep the credits a bit smaller, as in making the text a bit faster or make it interactive
(ooh i love those!)

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Pinocchio for the SNES there's a woman in those credits who has the same last name as me, I was so shocked when I saw it first, pretty long credits too, luckily there was a view credits option in the options screen so I didn't need to finish the game everytime I wanted someone to see it
tongue.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fable Anyone? the wait until you can use the sword of aeon's is mind numbing. If you quit the credits you didn't get to continue.....

A few of the FF games had a fairly large credit stream

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Mario and Puzzle Leage for the GBA. Specifically, Puzzle League. Forces you to watch the credits every time you get over 10,000 points in Endless mode. If you use the built-in reset button combo, your high scores don't get saved. Annoying as heck.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DS version of "The Simpsons Game" (that's seriously what it's called) You didn't have to watch them. You could skip them at the end and no harm would come, but I always watch the credits after a game. These were dang long, but still not as long as the Chocobo Tales game.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
If the credits are good, I don't mind watching them at all. I loved the credits from all Phoenix Wright games (in fact, the song from PW3 credits is my favorite from the series). Also, Dead Rising's credits were very long, but I LOVED the game and beat it five times already (it can be frustrating, alright, but when you get hang of the controls, I don't ever remember having so much fun with a videogame) and never once wanted to skip the credits (you can't anyways). It's got an awesome credits song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-bUemF5VQ

I understand the authors want to be credited for their work and I agree. But developers should make credits interesting, like in Portal, for example, not just a bunch of text that scrolls for ten minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable