Gaming Games with great/ epic storylines?

zombielove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't care about gameplay or graphics. I just want games with good stories, characters, immersive worlds, or just a really fun adventure.

Off the top of my head I can think of:

Lost in Blue 2 - Great environment. I knew that island so well.
Ouendan 2 - The story was touching in parts - the Olympic skater, and the last level was epic.
Phoenix Wright - Great characters, great story.

I'm kind of behind in my DS games. I still have to play FF:CC, Lunar and Hotel Dusk.

Any really good RPGs? FF3 is ok... but the story wasn't really gripping.

:waits for Chrono Trigger:

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Final Fantasies are good.. Especially Crystal Chronicles IMO.. Its the first DS game I have enjoyed in quite a while.. Good characters, Storyline and Gameplay

Lock's Quest.. Playing it at the moment.. Good storyline and characters and a really good gameplay..

zombielove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I completely missed Lock's Quest. Getting it now.

Should probably mention Phantom Hourglass too. That was a pretty memorable gaming experience.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're a fan of tactical RPG's, you should try out front mission. The game is a little on the hard side, but all the customization and story really makes up for it.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zombielove said:
Any really good RPGs? FF3 is ok... but the story wasn't really gripping.

:waits for Chrono Trigger:
FF3 was ported from an NES game, none of which had much of a story as there wasn't exactly a whole helluvalot of space on carts in those days.

FFIV was the first FF to have much of a story, but even then I wouldn't call it epic as that didn't really occur until the CDROM era with FF7 as a start.

Never played ANY of the DQ games until 7 hit the PSX, and then 1 - 3 on the GBC (limited by cart sizes again, plus NES ports), and now 4 on the DS. DQ4 seems to be like FF4 first "real" story in the series, but also from what I understand of the DQ series the games are grouped in sets of 3 where 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9 are all related somehow, unlike FF in which all of the games are distinct with only a few light references/re-uses of old characters/items/background, but still entirely playable individually w/o spoiling anything.

*Phew* massive run-on... deal ...

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bomerman Land Touch! 2 was the only DS game that never got boring in some parts and kept me playing all night through, although the games you and others mentioned came close. Bomerman Land Touch! 2 is really an example of what Minigame games should be like, Minigames + RPG elements and zelda like puzzles, classic, the only thing is there should be another game just like this, but make it more for the hard core players with REAL stuff, not just kids stuff, but overall a really really good game, that people sem to overlook, I guess the 1st one gave it a bad reputation...

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Jax said:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin.
Are you serious? That game have so few dialogues...

QUOTE(Raestloz @ Sep 17 2008, 04:41 PM) Um... The World Ends With You?
This is a game with a great story.

Even Apollo Justice.

xkenshinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garcimak said:
For the "adventure" genre : TRACE MEMORY, my first DS experience. Too short but good storyline till the end unlike Hotel dusk .
Either you have A.D.D. or you didn't finish Hotel Dusk at all... *shrugs* your loss.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easily, the games with the most engrossing stories and creative worlds are: (in order)

1. The World Ends With You
2. Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles RoF
3. Soma Bringer
4. Zelda:Phantom Hourglass
5. Final Fantasy Tactics A2

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Soma bringer has an epic story

Dementium: the ward has a very intriguing story which has a twist at the end, but if you don't like the horror genre then it won't be very appealing to you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1