Gaming Games That Requires Thinking?

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Are there any games that requires you to think and/or exercise your brain? I like to have a good "mental workout" before I hit the sack every night. Right now I'm playing pretty much these games:

- Phoenix Wright/Miles/Apollo Series (currently: Justice For All)
- Professor Layton & The Curious Village (for now)

I've heard of Hotel Dusk, Jake Hunter and Last Window (Hotel Dusk's sequel, no?), are there more games like these? I don't mind detective, mysteries kind of title. Any insight and help is very much appreciated.

Jennyfurr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might enjoy 999 (9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors). It's a bit like the Phoenix Wright games in terms of the play-style. A lot of reading and having to figure things out.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  • Brain Age - One of those 'get smarter' games that tests what supposed age your brain is at.
  • Brain Age 2 - One of those 'get smarter' games that tests what supposed age your brain is at.
  • Trace Memory (Another Code: Two Memories in Eur) - A game often compared to Hotel Dusk. A puzzle-filled adventure game about a girl looking for her father on a supposedly deserted island. Do not emulate, as there is at least one puzzle that requires closing the DS to some fashion.
  • Crimson Room - A port of the Crimson Room series of room escape flash games. Japan-only, unfortunately, with no translation patch to speak of.
Also, they don't require critical thinking, but the Trauma Center games might work. You have to recall the many ways to get rid of each medical problem.

Reactions: 1 person

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pic Pic
It has three game modes: Maze Paint, Drawing and Magipic.
Maze Paint sucks, Magipic is so-so but I love Drawing. I often play one or two levels before going to bed.

J3LL0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one I can recommend is brain age since its the only brain exercising game. Braing age does get repetitive and boring. Well Atleast for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass