Hacking Games Missing on 6.72 JB PS4

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Leeful,

Thanks a lot, but it seems there's a little trick that does the fix, actually is quite weird, run Hen, GoldHen, etc, after sucessful exploit go to settings > devices > USB Storage Devices > Unmount your external hdd, wait some seconds, mount again, and ps4 will by magic rebuild the supposedly external database for your external hdd and recognize again all the games stored there.

I think it does the same as when you install a brand new hdd to your ps4 and connects your existing external hdd, it scans for all the games, ofc this takes some time, but nothing compared with downloading everything again.

Yes it worked, all my games are available now, so weird how it happened and so weird how it fixed.

Reactions: godreborn
D

Deleted User

Leeful,

Thanks a lot, but it seems there's a little trick that does the fix, actually is quite weird, run Hen, GoldHen, etc, after sucessful exploit go to settings > devices > USB Storage Devices > Unmount your external hdd, wait some seconds, mount again, and ps4 will by magic rebuild the supposedly external database for your external hdd and recognize again all the games stored there.

I think it does the same as when you install a brand new hdd to your ps4 and connects your existing external hdd, it scans for all the games, ofc this takes some time, but nothing compared with downloading everything again.

Yes it worked, all my games are available now, so weird how it happened and so weird how it fixed.

Are yo uable to delete your games from internal? Check on the main menu and in storage.

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Justjay,

You are right, I can't delete anything from internal now, also in storage doesn't appear the list of the games I have,

Moreover, if I fire a game for instance "Unchartered", on normal circumstances the console displays the icon of the game in front of the dashboard, and all your recent games, now it doesn't, it probably needs an extra step for this to be completely fixed.

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Where is located the app.db in the folder system to replace with the value "canRemove" 1? Also there's another value "freePlusContent" I'm wondering changing to value 1, will make it without the need to check license? :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is located the app.db in the folder system to replace with the value "canRemove" 1? Also there's another value "freePlusContent" I'm wondering changing to value 1, will make it without the need to check license? :)

it's under browsedata, appbrowse(number).

upload_2021-4-23_6-46-46.png

Reactions: viggen66

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
^^ and i am guessing why that Destiny entry is always there, even where there is no Destiny installed on my console... i just did delete that entry and the referring files. Why Sony isnt keeping a cleaning way with this ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what destiny is, but based on the content id, it looks to be American, European, and Japanese versions of the same app/game. I have a Japanese console if that makes a difference.

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it's under browsedata, appbrowse(number).

View attachment 259740

Thanks I was referring on the path to copy back the altered app.db to the ps4 internal hdd, can't find where is located. With ps4explorer you can replace the existing app.db to the fixed one, but can't find the file on any internal folder.

Alright found it on another thread is on /system_data/priv/mms/

Last edited by viggen66,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should keep a copy of that as well as the addcont.db (database for dlc). the notification.db can be deleted (it will be recreated and blank). it's what lists what you've installed. I don't know if sony would be able to see that if we can ever sign in, but I have my games named after content id to sort them. that's obviously not the name that it would show in notifications, so it would be a red flag. the last db in that folder -- I don't know what it's for, but might as well back it up.

upload_2021-4-23_8-44-15.png

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Finally was able to delete games, but is not the end of it, in the dashboard, still can't display recent games, only when connected to external hdd, and size of each game is about 600 gigs, what a stupid method sony has used to this adb crap.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where recent games is kept (possibly the app.db), because I think it has last time accessed in one of the cells. I don't think the python script includes that. it may eventually appear though, but I dunno. I've never had to use that script.

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Luckily I had a app.bkp dated back from March this year, where the app.db is fully working and everything is working as it should, instead of loosing everything, probably only gonna loose a handful of games, just hope this thread, alarms people for this issue, and serves as a tutorial to avoid this in the future, want to thank everyone in here, who has lost some of its valuable time helping me out, now gonna make regular backups of this important file app.db

Thank you all

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know how that method you did worked. the way a lot of uploaders have continued to dump games is by downloading them on the latest firmware to an external hdd, then plugging the external hdd into an exploitable system after running hen. sony tried to do something about that with 7.xx, but it was patched with hen. sony has done something like this again with 8.50, which obviously isn't patched as of yet, but if we can dump the kernel, it will likely be patched. we just need an exploit.

Reactions: viggen66

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're in the states, could always see if you could rent the game from some place like gamefly, then dump it (if it's retail). I thought about doing that instead of relying on other people's dumps, but gamefly is kinda expensive for a month with one game out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did that for one game, mega man anniversary collection (think they still have ps2 games), because with my hard modded ps2, the original opening skips if it's a burn. I've wasted many discs trying to correct it. I thought it was a bad copy circulating throughout the internet, but my system just doesn't like it. the game plays fine, it's just the opening. a legit, pressed disc works fine, so I eventually bought the game. I have a small wallet for cds that I put my most played games for my ps2 (have over 300 burns total, which still work, but this cd wallet only holds about 25 games). anyway, I put the legit disc of mega man anniversary collection in there along with the rest being burns. the game only cost me about $10, which is fine really. it's one of my favorite games. I actually converted the game to ps4 ps2. it works very well. no skipping on that part for either the ps4 or the ps3 (using an iso on this system), and both load the game very fast.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I think gamefly offers a free trial, so you might get a list of missing games, and try getting them all in that timespan. I think it's like a month long.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.