Homebrew Homebrew game Games installed to nand?? ( wii u )

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hey good morning. I would like to ask something …

I have a 32 gb usb drive in my wii u and I have some games installed to it… but my usb drive is full, and I would like to install some more games… I would like to know, is it safe installing games to NAND?? Like 3 months ago I had some games on nand but deleted them and I’d like to know if its safe if it can brick the wii u as if some file is corrupted??? Thank you guys

D

Deleted User

Yes it is completely safe. Many people don't even have any external storage and just install a few games to nand.

There's no reason to worry about corrupt files if they're corrupt the game won't install and it will fail on Wup Installer, but that doesn't mean your systems bricked just the game won't install.

Reactions: JAB03

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Wow such quick replies . Thank you guys

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes it is completely safe. Many people don't even have any external storage and just install a few games to nand.

There's no reason to worry about corrupt files if they're corrupt the game won't install and it will fail on Wup Installer, but that doesn't mean your systems bricked just the game won't install.
So Wup installer wont install a corrupted game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Generally it is not recommended to install games on your NAND, get a larger HDD if you needs space.
All right, 64 gb usb arent to expensive Imma get one

D

Deleted User

I would not recommend a flash drive I mean it'll work but if you want your games to last like for years it'll eventually fail because flash drives are not meant to play games they're meant to hold documents and small files. Pay a little bit more if you can and get an actual external hard drive, it's worth the investment.

Reactions: apaltado and JAB03

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I would not recommend a flash drive I mean it'll work but if you want your games to last like for years it'll eventually fail because flash drives are not meant to play games they're meant to hold documents and small files. Pay a little bit more if you can and get an actual external hard drive, it's worth the investment.
welp, I didn’t know that and I got 5 games on that usb drive. Im gonna look for an external drive then. Thank you

Reactions: Deleted User

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the .h3 files are hash checks for the app files afaik. I guess it's possible something could get corrupted, but that only usually happens when deleting something. the way to fix it is to download a demo of some sort, then it should correct it. it will correct the database.

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
the .h3 files are hash checks for the app files afaik. I guess it's possible something could get corrupted, but that only usually happens when deleting something. the way to fix it is to download a demo of some sort, then it should correct it. it will correct the database.
Well I guess if something is deleted, it will not work on a usb device so, it shouldn’t brick the console if on nand …
For example, I downloaded Black ops 2 from the internet, and its says “ PLEASE INSTALL ON USB “ that sounds like it’ll brick the console if you install it on Nand but it works nice on the usb , so it shouldn’t brick the console , or does it????

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
But there's no real brick risk associated with merely installing games to the NAND.
I had splatoon, minecraft , mario maker and mario bros u on the nand and didn’t find a problem. But im scared as I heard it can corrupt your nand and then brick sth like that

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had splatoon, minecraft , mario maker and mario bros u on the nand and didn’t find a problem. But im scared as I heard it can corrupt your nand and then brick sth like that
Installing a game to the NAND using your favorite WUP installer doesn't appear to be any more or less risky than installing a game to the NAND from the eShop. I see no reason to advise against it if you need the space.

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Installing a game to the NAND using your favorite WUP installer doesn't appear to be any more or less risky than installing a game to the NAND from the eShop. I see no reason to advise against it if you need the space.

Oh well then Im gonna try a game and lets see. I wanted to install cod ghost from the web but it says “ PLEASE INSTALL ON USB “

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Well guys , I installed many games from Wup installer gx2 into the nand and yess… nothing happened. Thank you for your responses guys and sorry for being so noob ^_^

Attachments

• 2B8BEFB3-778F-4509-BF90-98D8CCC3E58C.jpeg
    2B8BEFB3-778F-4509-BF90-98D8CCC3E58C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 261

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what @Hayato213 meant was that if you install cbhc (especially), it's best to leave the internal storage alone. it's just a safety precaution. nothing will probably happen, but you definitely don't want the cbhc game getting messed up somehow. even if the icon is the wrong dimensions or save settings, the game won't boot and the system will likely brick. I've been using cbhc for about 5 years, but I don't install to the nand, just usb.

Reactions: Kopimist and JAB03

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I figured out why a cbhc game must be on internal storage. the system.xml, which gets modified, doesn't see the usb partition. the title id (what's modified), just has the title id (no location), so the system assumes it's internal storage. the usb device probably isn't initialized yet when you first boot up the system anyway.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's generally safe to install to the nand, but I always install to USB in the event something gets corrupted. I'd rather corrupt my external drive than my nand. You can always install a game to your external drive then move it to the nand via the Wii U's data management tool in settings.

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I think what @Hayato213 meant was that if you install cbhc (especially), it's best to leave the internal storage alone. it's just a safety precaution. nothing will probably happen, but you definitely don't want the cbhc game getting messed up somehow. even if the icon is the wrong dimensions or save settings, the game won't boot and the system will likely brick. I've been using cbhc for about 5 years, but I don't install to the nand, just usb.
Well actually I don’t use CBHC I don’t really matter using mocha every time I play a Dlc… I mostly only play Cod and mario kart which are on the usb device, only maker and need for speed are on Nand And I downloaded them with usb helper which is really safe I guess

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1