whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I recently reformatted my sd card (256G) to FAT32 from exFAT and I’ve noticed that when installing games now through Goldleaf the games tend to freeze more regularly & then I have to hard reboot (15s power hold) and the switch reports corruption on the game.

I’m using NSP’s and splitting with the splitNSP.py script I found on GitHub.

I’m running on firmware 6.1 with the latest Atmosphere version (8.2?).

Is there something I can do to be preventing this? Should I be using tinfoil or XCI’s?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I recently reformatted my sd card (256G) to FAT32 from exFAT and I’ve noticed that when installing games now through Goldleaf the games tend to freeze more regularly & then I have to hard reboot (15s power hold) and the switch reports corruption on the game.

Is there something I can do to be preventing this? Should I be using tinfoil or XCI’s?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Sounds like a bad sd card if this is occurring after a fresh reformat. And by saying 'freeze more regularly' suggests that games were still freezing somewhat regularly on exfat anyway? My hunch is a bad sd card.

whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s a Samsung 256 evo card. Yea, I had noticed some issues with games locking up and then reporting corrupt data on exfat, but definitely more regularly on FAT32.

I was originally using Mac OSX to format the card and manage files. I ran into some minor headaches so I switched to windows and formatted to FAT32.

I should note that some games freeze at random times. Like I can open one game, play for a bit, then it will freeze in random spots. Then other games will freeze during opening every time (they worked before).

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

One more thing. Is your sd card super full? I started getting corruption on several games when my sd card was nearly capped. The problem went away when I left around 10-20 gigs of space on there, as well as uninstalling a ssbu nsp that may have been a culprit as well.

whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD card isn’t super full, but my internal storage is basically entirely full. Think that might be effecting this?

D

Deleted User

The OP is not the only one with this issue. Idk why everyone assume bad sd card. My 256gb Samsung evo sd card in fat32 wouldn't work right with goldleaf. It just freezes. No corrupted files. Files were replaced with new ones. Testing out Fluffy when I get out of work tonight. I'm hoping it works correctly

whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP is not the only one with this issue. Idk why everyone assume bad sd card. My 256gb Samsung evo sd card in fat32 wouldn't work right with goldleaf. It just freezes. No corrupted files. Files were replaced with new ones. Testing out Fluffy when I get out of work tonight. I'm hoping it works correctly
I gave fluffy a try after reading you’re recommendation, it’s working much better for me now! Many games that used to freeze no longer are freezing up on me. That was with the tinfoil usb install, didn’t try goldleaf install with fluffy.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I gave fluffy a try after reading you’re recommendation, it’s working much better for me now! Many games that used to freeze no longer are freezing up on me. That was with the tinfoil usb install, didn’t try goldleaf install with fluffy.
Well im glad everything worked out for you as well. I did try out fat32 on my 256gb sd card and its installing everything the way i want it with tinfoil & fluffy. Goldleaf I'll give it sometime when sd card corruption isn't a thing anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night