Gamepad Video Out

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by swannie, Dec 30, 2016.

1. swannie
    OP

swannie Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    Hi all,

I've been researching this all day and haven't been satisfied yet. I'd like to try and capture video from my game pad. I'm aware of the capture card that can be installed (similar to the 3ds) but I'd rather not go that route. I also looked at libdrc to see about using it to "sniff" the video over the air but that may be a bit to "Rube Goldberg".

I'm not above poking around the inside of my gamepad with a soldering iron, has anyone looked at taking a video signal from ... somewhere on the video board or anything? I'd have to think that there's a video signal on one or several pins somewhere in there that can be tapped into.

Thanks!!

2. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    i dont think anyones made a way yet cuz everyone just captures video from the monitor theyre using

3. swannie
    OP

swannie Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    Right ... but I'm looking to record the map in Splatoon while playing on the main screen.

4. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    then ur out of luck i guess

5. swannie
    OP

swannie Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    Sooooo then to my original question, has anyone looked at taking video from a chip or the various test point within the gamepad? and/or LCD?

6. skawo

skawo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
  7. swannie
    OP

swannie Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    Yeah - and that's what I've found so far ... I really don't want to send my game pad to them either, I'd rather just install it myself. Thanks for confirming that I'm stuck. :)

8. skawo

skawo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Well, I did buy a 3DS cap off them, and they did send it pretty quickly, so it's not a scam if you wish to know. That said... pretty 'spensive.

There's a wiki where they show you how to install it. You'd still need to figure out the pcb driver/software/ side though