Gamepad Video Out?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by chevowner, May 23, 2014.

1. chevowner
    OP

chevowner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2014
    United States
    Is there some way to get video out from the gamepad?

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Depends on how much effort you're willing to put into the project. Techically you could solder some wires to the LCD driver's output and then work on converting that, but I don't see why you wouldn't just use the output that's on the console itself.

3. chevowner
    OP

chevowner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2014
    United States
    Last time I used my Wii U (many months ago) I remember that there was an option to play Wii games with a WII controller on the gamepad, and thought it would be nice if I could hook the gamepad up to a TV in a different room to play those games.
    I am currently looking for the cables and things I misplaced to hook the system back up.

EDIT
    I normally use my computer monitor for consoles (and my PC), as it has HDMI, Component, and DVI.

4. jargus

jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    United States
    There has been talk of it here and there from the 3ds capture forums, but nothing has come of it yet. Really the only use for it is showing a video where the GP and TV have entirely different screens and you want to show them simultaneously.