Gamepad battery won't charge

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by simonhwsn, Jun 18, 2014.

1. simonhwsn
    OP

simonhwsn Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2011
    United States
    First of all I'm sorry my english is no very good, this is a little too technical for my skills in this language :P
    I bought my wii u last week and the gamepad just didn't work out of the box. Connecting the charger the led turns on in solid orange, but after a few minutes it starts to blink, it does turn on if the charger is connected, but as soon as I disconnect it it turns off, it shows the battery icon as if it was completelly charged though. What do you think, it's the gamepad or the battery faulty?

2. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    just return it and get a new wiiu

3. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    i had this problem once. Try removing the accu and remove the gamepad from the AC/DC adapter. Wait a few minutes and put the accu back into the gamepad and reconnect the gamepad to the AC/DC adapter.

Thats what the help site from Nintendo suggests

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Probably a faulty battery. These things shouldn't happen out of the box though, but there's always a small chance.
    What CosmoCortney suggested may help, it's worth a try. If not you'll have to get a replacement, and depending on how nice Nintendo customer service is where you live, you may have to send in the whole Wii U just to get a replacement battery. (or gamepad if that turns out to be the faulty part)
    Try to get a replacement at the store you bought it from, it'll be faster that way.

5. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I had the same issue, I just left the WiiU alone for the rest of the day and let it charge overnight, then it was completely fine. Try doing that. I used the dock it came with, though I got the Mario & Luigi U deluxe edition so I dunno if you got a dock as well.

6. simonhwsn
    OP

simonhwsn Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2011
    United States
    Thank you all for your replies

I live in Mexico and the support for Nintendo products is given by an importing company, it's so awful that i'd rather buy a new battery, that's why I opened this thread. Anyway I called today, they told me "please send an email" then I sent the email "please call, we need some information" then I called "what's your product serial number? when and where you bought it? ok we need this information in an email" WHAT THEEEEE....!!!