Hardware Gamepad battery won't charge

simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all I'm sorry my english is no very good, this is a little too technical for my skills in this language :P
I bought my wii u last week and the gamepad just didn't work out of the box. Connecting the charger the led turns on in solid orange, but after a few minutes it starts to blink, it does turn on if the charger is connected, but as soon as I disconnect it it turns off, it shows the battery icon as if it was completelly charged though. What do you think, it's the gamepad or the battery faulty?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
First of all I'm sorry my english is no very good, this is a little too technical for my skills in this language :P
I bought my wii u last week and the gamepad just didn't work out of the box. Connecting the charger the led turns on in solid orange, but after a few minutes it starts to blink, it does turn on if the charger is connected, but as soon as I disconnect it it turns off, it shows the battery icon as if it was completelly charged though. What do you think, it's the gamepad or the battery faulty?
Probably a faulty battery. These things shouldn't happen out of the box though, but there's always a small chance.
What CosmoCortney suggested may help, it's worth a try. If not you'll have to get a replacement, and depending on how nice Nintendo customer service is where you live, you may have to send in the whole Wii U just to get a replacement battery. (or gamepad if that turns out to be the faulty part)
Try to get a replacement at the store you bought it from, it'll be faster that way.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, I just left the WiiU alone for the rest of the day and let it charge overnight, then it was completely fine. Try doing that. I used the dock it came with, though I got the Mario & Luigi U deluxe edition so I dunno if you got a dock as well.

simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your replies

I live in Mexico and the support for Nintendo products is given by an importing company, it's so awful that i'd rather buy a new battery, that's why I opened this thread. Anyway I called today, they told me "please send an email" then I sent the email "please call, we need some information" then I called "what's your product serial number? when and where you bought it? ok we need this information in an email" WHAT THEEEEE....!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo