Gaming Gamelist-Single Screen ONLY (NOT GBA)

Iceclaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cat damaged my top DS screen, now it's got a negative image, Nintendo wants $75+($10 shipping) to fix it, and I've thought about repairing it myself but I don't have any way to know if it's the TFT LCD screen that needs replacing or the connecting wire..or what...It could easily start adding up to $50 in parts... Needless to say I'm really frustrated, thinking I may just get a really cheap original DS at this point.

[Technically that I could be able to get a discount for being within the 1 year period -$15, but only if I can get them to accept the serial number off of my box, it wore off the ds]

In the meantime I'm looking for a use for this it games which can be played almost entirely by looking at the bottom screen, Tetris DS in classic mode (Not catch) for example....

Keep em coming!

Any advice as far as repairs would also be good
smile.gif

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceclaw said:
My cat damaged my top DS screen, now it's got a negative image, Nintendo wants $75+($10 shipping) to fix it, and I've thought about repairing it myself but I don't have any way to know if it's the TFT LCD screen that needs replacing or the connecting wire..or what...It could easily start adding up to $50 in parts... Needless to say I'm really frustrated, thinking I may just get a really cheap original DS at this point.

[Technically that I could be able to get a discount for being within the 1 year period -$15, but only if I can get them to accept the serial number off of my box, it wore off the ds]

In the meantime I'm looking for a use for this it games which can be played almost entirely by looking at the bottom screen, Tetris DS in classic mode (Not catch) for example....

Keep em coming!

Any advice as far as repairs would also be good
smile.gif

lol, u can get a newish one for that much. or u could buy a *new case, you may as well bling it will your repairing* a tri screwdriver and a replacement screen for about 30-40 dollars on DX if even that..

Iceclaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anywhere local to the USA?

Also is it interchangeable between the DSLite and the Original DS phat? ..[The only one I found on DX doesn't seem to distinguish]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end