Gameinformer Sonic Generations review

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I have learned that ALL the times someone reviews a Sonic game, its either two things. 1) I luv sawnik nuts to death!! HE'S AWESOME!! Or 2) From the level design and the gameplay controls you know this game is going to suck. Even though I give SEGA credit to for trying their *scoff*hardest*scoff* they still lack the results to make a Sonic classic.

Right there is the truth, you either a Sonic fan or a hater. Period! Although, when a unbias person plays a Sonic game. They will give their honest opinion, FFS let them review the games for crying out loud.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twin Snakes was shit compared to MGS 1, point invalid.
Mgs1 94
twin snakes 85

Even though The Twin Snakes was pretty much identical to MGS except it had better graphics and used the superior mechanics of MGS2. Only reason it probably didn't review as well was because MGS became outdated really quickly. Even nowadays MGS2 is considered outdated.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what's been said but I'll throw my two sense.....The review doesn't really seem to talk about gameplay much, just their selections of levels to put in there. Some say they should have more genesis titles, but I think people fail to realize this is called Sonic Generations, not Sonic Genesis or Just the good Sonics. The game is meant to travel through Sonic's entire Leagcy not just one part of it.....but regardless, the review didn't mention game play a lot just gameplay(unless I read wrong)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would Sega pass up full level tributes to Sonic 3 or Sonic CD in favor of a remixed version of a stage from Sonic Colors, which released only a year ago?
I don't like the review, but he has a point there.
He forgot that Sega needs something to drawn people in to a possible sequel.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why would Sega pass up full level tributes to Sonic 3 or Sonic CD in favor of a remixed version of a stage from Sonic Colors, which released only a year ago?
Because it's called "sonic generations", not "Sonic-we're remaking every level in our first couple really popular games and forgetting about the fun levels in our mostly meh recent games"
The point of the game is to revisit some of Sonic's greatest levels and bosses, just because it doesn't feature your favortie levels doesn't mean that should be a negatve point.
and I know "why did they add a Sonic '06 level?" I think it was smart they did that, at least now we have an idea of how that level could've been if the game wasn't shit.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door was given a 6.75 as well, for being "Too Kiddy", they justified this by arguing "More people would dislike the game than like it", rather than expressing their own real opinion about the game.

Son of a b.... That game is fucking awesome. Gameinformer is worst than IGN. Holy crap.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These guys just don't know how to review a good game.
Gameinformer, prepare to be raged on.
Coming from the user with a Sonic avatar; completely unbiased, I'm sure.

When the hell did the day come when we can base someone's post off of a picture? :/

I think it is fair to say that someone with a Sonic avatar would be a big fan in the series. That seems pretty logical to me.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol...the controls were exactly the same. 6 years ago, the port would have a 96 on metacritic... Gears of War had a 94 on metacritic... I wonder how it will score as a re-release/port in a couple years?

Call me crazy, but I preferred the Wii version.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These guys just don't know how to review a good game.
Gameinformer, prepare to be raged on.
Coming from the user with a Sonic avatar; completely unbiased, I'm sure.

When the hell did the day come when we can base someone's post off of a picture? :/

I think it is fair to say that someone with a Sonic avatar would be a big fan in the series. That seems pretty logical to me.
Yeah.. no. I hate Borderlands, but I'd still put up an avatar of the Psycho on the cover because it's cool. You may be right here, but dont assume anything just based on a picture.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would be the exception, not the rule, in that case. After all, when you give yourself an avatar, you are sending the message that "This is something I want to reflect my interests and who I am in general." It really shouldn't be a surprise, then, when someone uses it for just that purpose.

So yeah, it would still be totally fair to make that assumption.

TheBlueBadger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly I think he has a point when he said it'd be better to have remakes from Sonic 3 and CD than Colours. I know why Sega made it like they did, tribute to all that's Sonic n all, but it still seems a tad pointless paying homage to a level we just saw. Anyhoot, I can't agree or disagree with the review since I've yet to play the game but these guys said Ghost Trick sucked and that's a personal favourite of mine. So yeah. Not taking this review too seriously.

D

Deleted User

Honestly I think he has a point when he said it'd be better to have remakes from Sonic 3 and CD than Colours. I know why Sega made it like they did, tribute to all that's Sonic n all, but it still seems a tad pointless paying homage to a level we just saw. Anyhoot, I can't agree or disagree with the review since I've yet to play the game but these guys said Ghost Trick sucked and that's a personal favourite of mine. So yeah. Not taking this review too seriously.
Ghost trick is one of the best DS games ever made(fact), if they said it sucks, then well... screw them.

Reactions: 3 people

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got Sonic Generations to try it out. I actually think it did a very awesome job. Modern Sonic goes so fast it makes you want to yell as he runs. Haha Anyways, pretty short game as I already beat it when I got it yesterday. I think it was about 4-6 hours, but if you do all the side stuff (challenges and red rings) should be about 7-9 hours I would guess. Anyways, I would say about an 8.0+ rating for sure and I am not even a Sonic fan.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon