Gameinformer Sonic Generations review

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Tim Turi does some horrible reviews, He's pretty horrible at video games.

Can I have some examples? I looked under the reviews tab at the Game Informer page for him and there were none. IDK why. I'd just like a comparison to see if his reviews are "shit" or just "not what everyone else thinks".

I think there's a difference between giving a game a bad score because you're shit at it and complaining about bad level design.

EDIT: Also, reviews aren't news, moving to General Consoles.

D

Deleted User

http://www.gameinfor...t-deserves.aspx

He doesnt do a lot of reviews, but when he does he overrates or underrates them.

Re4 HD is full of bugs and he still gave it a 9.5, the game is a solid 7.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ratchet_amp_clank__all_4_one/b/ps3/archive/2011/10/18/this-is-one-for-all-the-fans-of-co-op-platforming.aspx
G
ave it a 8.75, game is fucking horrible.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dead_island/b/xbox360/archive/2011/09/05/a-few-missing-limbs-can-t-hold-back-this-undead-romp.aspx
G
ave it an 8.5 Game is a solid 7, you spam one button and loot.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He doesnt do a lot of reviews, but when he does he overrates or underrates them.

That's pretty crazy. Resident Evil 4 a 9.5? Madness. Oh wait, I actually own that game. And...I actually agree with that score. I guess if you personally played the game and ran into bugs, that sucks for you. The only complaints I've seen about RE4:HD come from people who don't know what HD means...

D

Deleted User

That's pretty crazy. Resident Evil 4 a 9.5? Madness. Oh wait, I actually own that game. And...I actually agree with that score. I guess if you personally played the game and ran into bugs, that sucks for you. The only complaints I've seen about RE4:HD come from people who don't know what HD means...
Yeah, I Played RE4 day one on Gamecube, I know what HIGH DEFINITION MEANS.

The port for Xbox 360 is shit, If it was as good as gamecube it would have its 96 on metacritic.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I Played RE4 day one on Gamecube, I know what HIGH DEFINITION MEANS.

The port for Xbox 360 is shit, If it was as good as gamecube it would have its 96 on metacritic.

Not to mention that the controls were horrible.

D

Deleted User

Trust me, look at this guys reviews, and then look them up on Metacritic, he's under avg by 20 points in the high or low, most of the time.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol...the controls were exactly the same. 6 years ago, the port would have a 96 on metacritic... Gears of War had a 94 on metacritic... I wonder how it will score as a re-release/port in a couple years?

D

Deleted User

lol...the controls were exactly the same. 6 years ago, the port would have a 96 on metacritic... Gears of War had a 94 on metacritic... I wonder how it will score as a re-release/port in a couple years?
Ocarina of time.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina of time.

Metal Gear Solid
Twin Snakes was shit compared to MGS 1, point invalid.
Mgs1 94
twin snakes 85

and if you're basing your opinion on the scores you just listed, that's exactly my point. same damn game with updated graphics and scored lower based on what else was available at the time...

If that point doesn't make sense, here's another point:
if you give any weight to "professional" reviews and/or metacritic, you are lacking in the ability to think for yourself. Reviews = someone else's opinion. Try forming some of your own ;)

D

Deleted User

Ocarina of time.

Metal Gear Solid
Mgs1 94
twin snakes 85

and if you're basing your opinion on the scores you just listed, that's exactly my point. same damn game with updated graphics and scored lower based on what else was available at the time...

if you give any weight to "professional" reviews and/or metacritic, you are lacking in the ability to think for yourself. Reviews = someone else's opinion. Try forming some of your own ;)
Its not the same game, they added unneeded features and gave it first person.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina of time.

Metal Gear Solid
Mgs1 94
twin snakes 85

Its not the same game, they added some of the well received features from MGS2 and gave it the option of a first person perspective.

sorry, my mistake. you win. fixed your post by the way ;)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These guys just don't know how to review a good game.
Gameinformer, prepare to be raged on.

Coming from the user with a Sonic avatar; completely unbiased, I'm sure.

I do love how, as soon as one reviewer doesn't like a game with a shit ton of hype, they become the critic equivalent of the Anti-Christ. Besides, a Sonic game not reviewing well isn't much of a shocker; where have you been for the past 10 or so years?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
These guys just don't know how to review a good game.
Gameinformer, prepare to be raged on.

Coming from the user with a Sonic avatar; completely unbiased, I'm sure.

I do love how, as soon as one reviewer doesn't like a game with a shit ton of hype, they become the critic equivalent of the Anti-Christ. Besides, a Sonic game not reviewing well isn't much of a shocker; where have you been for the past 10 or so years?

Exactly what I was thinking.
Wonder why they won't release this for the Wii, because I doubt it'll sell well on the xbox or ps3

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask how many of you who currently posted have played the game? Just curious.

I haven't touched it beyond the demo myself. I'm just wondering if you guys have differing opinions because you played the game and loved the crap out of it or because you just think Sonic Generations is invulnerable to badness.

*Raises hand* I'm finding the game to be quite good. It has a few flaws here, and there (Have to complete challenges, in order to gain access to the area to fight the bosses.), but overall a nice experience. Would I recommend buying the game? No. The story's a bit short, so you could most likely complete it in a day, or two. Not counting if you like to 100% games.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder why they won't release this for the Wii, because I doubt it'll sell well on the xbox or ps3

Probably due to Sega not wanting to release it on a non-HD console (*cough* 3DS isn't HD either *cough*). Something I find to be very odd. If High Voltage Software can pull off the kind of graphics they did with The Conduit 2 (despite being an overrated game), surely, other developers could do that as well. The Wii may be the weakest in terms of hardware, but developers are being really half-a**ed about using the GPU's potential.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...