[Gamecube] - What games does the Swiss software support?

gamecube

FINPOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant find anywhere a game compatibility list for the swiss jailbreak.
Does Tony Hawks Skater Pro 3 work? I only have that game with me right now.
I am following this tutorial.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are referring to some random video describing how to copy an exploit GC savegame to a Memory Card. The video author used a James Bond game… and you want to follow that tutorial with a Tony Hawk disc or do you just want to start Tony Hawk from Swiss and you have the James Bond game?
Swiss SD Loading compatibility is pretty good. Just try it, most games work flawlessly now.

A list of exploitable games is here:
https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Booting_Homebrew
You will need the original disc from the same region as your console.
Regarding other games: I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Hawk was theoretically exploitable – looking at the Tonyhax exploits for the PlayStation 1 games.

The above link contains all other ways of starting Swiss. I've written on that topic myself in a bit more detail, but due to my various mental defects I'm unable to update that… despite it really needs updating because it is missing:
The really best (and pretty cheap) way of starting Swiss now is soldering in a Raspberry Pi Pico for PicoBoot. That works even if the drive is shot (and honestly the aging optical drives of old consoles are gonna give up sooner or later).

Good luck and have fun!

FINPOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are referring to some random video describing how to copy an exploit GC savegame to a Memory Card. The video author used a James Bond game… and you want to follow that tutorial with a Tony Hawk disc or do you just want to start Tony Hawk from Swiss and you have the James Bond game?
Swiss SD Loading compatibility is pretty good. Just try it, most games work flawlessly now.

A list of exploitable games is here:
You will need the original disc from the same region as your console.
Regarding other games: I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Hawk was theoretically exploitable – looking at the Tonyhax exploits for the PlayStation 1 games.

The above link contains all other ways of starting Swiss. I've written on that topic myself in a bit more detail, but due to my various mental defects I'm unable to update that… despite it really needs updating because it is missing:
The really best (and pretty cheap) way of starting Swiss now is soldering in a Raspberry Pi Pico for PicoBoot. That works even if the drive is shot (and honestly the aging optical drives of old consoles are gonna give up sooner or later).

Good luck and have fun!
How do i boot the Swiss on the gamecube?
I have the Tony Hawks pro skater 3 game already

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do i boot the Swiss on the gamecube?
I have the Tony Hawks pro skater 3 game already
:cry:
Is it that hard to understand? You will need some more stuff than a game without known exploit (at least I don't know of any exploit for Tony Hawk on GC)

Readily available methods

Software only:
  • Savegame exploit + original DVD (list of exploitable games in the link above)
  • Datel SD Media Launcher (a bit tedious, but works, Datel still sells them new)
Hardware modification:
  • Solder in XenoGC modchip and burn Swiss to DVD-R (not really a good idea anymore because...)
  • Solder in PicoBoot Cheap, fast booting, no discs required
  • Replace optical drive with GCLoader

FINPOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it that hard to understand? You will need some more stuff than a game without known exploit (at least I don't know of any exploit for Tony Hawk on GC)

Software only:
  • Datel SD Media Launcher (a bit tedious, but works, Datel still sells them new)
Hardware modification:
  • Solder in XenoGC modchip and burn Swiss to DVD-R (not really a good idea anymore because...)
Is the hardware one required?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.❤️

Since our great @KleinesSinchen has already explained everything in detail and really easy to understand, everything should be clear now. 👍😉

Or do you still have questions after the great instructions ?
Patience and Reading should still be current gifts in 2023....😉

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Software only:
Hardware modification:
Datel only still sells SD media launcher for PAL systems. They sold out of NTSC around 2018 I believe.
Definitely a great option if your console is PAL.
https://www.codejunkies.com/products/sd-media-launcher__ef000580v.aspx

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Software only:
Hardware modification:
Action Replay is also an option (with SDLoad codes + SD Gecko)
Although that might be harder to find than a SD Media Launcher.

Also, KunaiGC was recently released. Seems like a good alternative to PicoBoot. Higher cost, but improved functionality and easier/quicker install. Not that the PicoBoot is hard to install, it's quite easy with a little soldering experience. Wouldn't attempt it with zero experience though.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Datel only still sells SD media launcher for PAL systems. They sold out of NTSC around 2018 I believe.
Definitely a great option if your console is PAL.
https://www.codejunkies.com/products/sd-media-launcher__ef000580v.aspx
That's a bummer. They should still have the master. All they need to do is put it into the press again. Viable starting from low to middle three digit number. Granted, the demand isn't overwhelming anymore, but the costs are very, very low. Datel, please just produce some discs -- no complex packaging, no SD-Gecko, nothing.

And... while we are at it: Please tell us how you successfully produced the wobble data for the unlicensed PS1/PS2 discs.

Action Replay is also an option (with SDLoad codes + SD Gecko)
Although that might be harder to find than a SD Media Launcher.

Also, KunaiGC was recently released. Seems like a good alternative to PicoBoot. Higher cost, but improved functionality and easier/quicker install. Not that the PicoBoot is hard to install, it's quite easy with a little soldering experience. Wouldn't attempt it with zero experience though.
I've omitted those for the sake of simplicity. Action Replay is probably expensive by now (and not very convenient compared to other methods).
For KunaiGC the price should drop (or are there reasonable offers now?).

Is the hardware one required?
Are you testing my patience? Look, I try my best to help anybody. If there is something not clear, please tell me what exactly, and I will try to elaborate.

Okay. My last try to make it clearer.

There are many different methods for starting Swiss. The link above should explain everything.

"Is the hardware required?" What hardware?

Every method needs something (in addition to the SD-Gecko and/or the SD2SP2 and some big SD card )

Software methods
  • Save exploit needs:
    • Any exploitable game (original disc from the correct region)
    • Memory Card 251 or better
    • Wii with Homebrew Channel (or other method of starting Swiss once)
  • Datel SD Media Launcher
    • Original Datel disc from the correct region
    • SD card with max 2GB
Hardware methods (all require gamebit screwdriver for opening or some of the various tricks online to open the nonsense inverted Torx screws Nintendo liked so much) :
  • XenoGC
    • XenoGC modchip
    • Soldering equipment + soldering experience
    • Optionally (and recommended): wire
    • Good mini DVD-R and good DVD writer
    • Multimeter for not blindly adjusting the potentiometer as the drive is not likely to read burned media without reducing the resistance (increasing laser power)
  • PicoBoot
    • Raspberry Pi Pico
    • Good wire
  • GCLoader
    • Just the GCLoader to replace the DVD drive
    • Optionally: nice 3D printed mount for the SD card
Choose a method and get the required things (please do not solder on out-of-production consoles if you have no experience --practice on scrap electronics first)

Reactions: CoolMe

FINPOST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a bummer. They should still have the master. All they need to do is put it into the press again. Viable starting from low to middle three digit number. Granted, the demand isn't overwhelming anymore, but the costs are very, very low. Datel, please just produce some discs -- no complex packaging, no SD-Gecko, nothing.

And... while we are at it: Please tell us how you successfully produced the wobble data for the unlicensed PS1/PS2 discs.

I've omitted those for the sake of simplicity. Action Replay is probably expensive by now (and not very convenient compared to other methods).
For KunaiGC the price should drop (or are there reasonable offers now?).

Are you testing my patience? Look, I try my best to help anybody. If there is something not clear, please tell me what exactly, and I will try to elaborate.

Okay. My last try to make it clearer.

There are many different methods for starting Swiss. The link above should explain everything.

"Is the hardware required?" What hardware?

Every method needs something (in addition to the SD-Gecko and/or the SD2SP2 and some big SD card )

Software methods
  • Save exploit needs:
    • Any exploitable game (original disc from the correct region)
    • Memory Card 251 or better
    • Wii with Homebrew Channel (or other method of starting Swiss once)
  • Datel SD Media Launcher
    • Original Datel disc from the correct region
    • SD card with max 2GB
Hardware methods (all require gamebit screwdriver for opening or some of the various tricks online to open the nonsense inverted Torx screws Nintendo liked so much) :
  • XenoGC
    • XenoGC modchip
    • Optionally (and recommended): wire
    • Good mini DVD-R and good DVD writer
    • Multimeter for not blindly adjusting the potentiometer as the drive is not likely to read burned media without reducing the resistance (increasing laser power)
  • PicoBoot
    • Raspberry Pi Pico
    • Good wire
  • GCLoader
    • Just the GCLoader to replace the DVD drive
    • Optionally: nice 3D printed mount for the SD card
Choose a method and get the required things (please do not solder on out-of-production consoles if you have no experience --practice on scrap electronics first)
Sorry, i am new, you dont have to be so mad.

I was just asking, the save game exploit thing just works alone without any hardware modification.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, i am new, you dont have to be so mad.
Was not my intention to come across rude. I just ran out of ideas how to express it.

I was just asking, the save game exploit thing just works alone without any hardware modification.
Yes. When having a save exploit on Memory Card and the corresponding original game disc, this works on unmodified hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok