Hacking GameCube to Wiimote Adapter (cool)

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
third, yes, this is a cool thing, but there is way too much modding needed for the average joe to do. If there was a box you could plug a GC controller into that pluged into the Wii Remote, yes, that would be awesome, but this is a complete remake of the controller.
This is precisely a box where you plug in the GC controller. Okay, it's not a box yet (it's on a breadboard), but it will be soon. Neither controller is modified at all. That's the point. I know anyone can rig up a Classic's guts to the GC pad buttons and sticks, but the nice thing is that this is an entirely separate part that doesn't touch the existing hardware at all.

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Nov 28 2008, 10:31 PM) Just noticed this, but I think the axis' are inverted... when he pulls LEFT, Rosalina goes right.... and when he pulls RIGHT, she goes left... is it just me seeing this, or did anyone else see that too?
It's called power sliding. You go into a slide and then immediately pull the other way to maintain your bearing as much as possible. Unless you're in a tight turn (then you pull the same way all the time).

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Little DJ guy... I wanna say I regret even saying anything to you. It's not your fault.. to be honest I was in a foul mood in the 1st place and when I saw Marcan's response to this on Tehskeen. I thought he was acting way immature about it and you were just someone to vent on. It's not like I am talking behind Marcan's back because I wrote him a PM about what I thought of his sorry personality. Anyways... didnt mean to take it on ya... I have been throwing up for the last 2 days and wasn't even able to enjoy a thanksgiving dinner over here in the states. You don't have to put down Amercan's because of one's bad day... anyways... I am posting this public because I am a man...and I guess I am just as much in love with the entire scene as well... just never saw so much sarcasim in one section of a forum. But then again... that is why I am on private sites that don't tolerate that kind of stuff... and trust me on this... I have done my contributions for noobs on those private sites. I get atleast 2 pms a day on those sites for help with homebrew, etc. It's just the way Marcan presents himself and you know I don't like him as a person so I won't get back in that again.

Sorry young DJCDDJ MixMaster..hehe

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
IronMask no problem mate, just leave it there, sorry for my "harsh" words, peace

Marcan what was the issue with your moaning at Brakken, bit un-called for but never mind its said now.
suppose he got the wrong end of the stick...but bit harsh some things that were said today over on that topic at tehkky...

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
Marcan what was the issue with your moaning at Brakken, bit un-called for but never mind its said now.
suppose he got the wrong end of the stick...but bit harsh some things that were said today over on that topic at tehkky...
The issue is that so far every single newspost that he's posted related to me has been made up and entirely wrong. I thought after two massive screw-ups he would have learned the lesson, but apparently not. His news posts seem to consist of copy/pastes of some content together with some hastily made up conclusion about it, and if he can add some controversy in, even better. The last two times he managed to spread around his bullshit rumors to several other sites, which caused a lot of people to bother us about his supposed "news" and accuse us of the things that he made up. The people on the site love to justify it with his recent medical problems, which are in actuality entirely irrelevant to the issue.

This time he didn't even read the video description that he copied and pasted. Just the same as last time. Last time it resulted in a lot of people believing that BootMii was a hardware project - some sort of reprogrammed SaveMii++, and that SaveMii was always meant to be that. You can imagine the reactions that we got due to that. Do you consider that acceptable? Even before that, when he posted about SaveMii, he made up a whole bunch of BS, such that SaveMii somehow enabled the use of copies, and that it was a hacking tool that could let you change IOS. His made up story even ended up on engadget. This time, even though the mistake wasn't as bad, he's still showing that he doesn't even read what he posts. I do not appreciate it when a relatively well known site keeps posting made up rumors and conclusions about my work.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
The issue is that so far every single newspost that he's posted related to me has been made up and entirely wrong. I thought after two massive screw-ups he would have learned the lesson, but apparently not. His news posts seem to consist of copy/pastes of some content together with some hastily made up conclusion about it, and if he can add some controversy in, even better. The last two times he managed to spread around his bullshit rumors to several other sites, which caused a lot of people to bother us about his supposed "news" and accuse us of the things that he made up. The people on the site love to justify it with his recent medical problems, which are in actuality entirely irrelevant to the issue.

This time he didn't even read the video description that he copied and pasted. Just the same as last time. Last time it resulted in a lot of people believing that BootMii was a hardware project - some sort of reprogrammed SaveMii++, and that SaveMii was always meant to be that. You can imagine the reactions that we got due to that. Do you consider that acceptable? Even before that, when he posted about SaveMii, he made up a whole bunch of BS, such that SaveMii somehow enabled the use of copies, and that it was a hacking tool that could let you change IOS. His made up story even ended up on engadget. This time, even though the mistake wasn't as bad, he's still showing that he doesn't even read what he posts. I do not appreciate it when a relatively well known site keeps posting made up rumors and conclusions about my work.
Totally understand what you have said there, i chat to Brakken all the time, ill have a little word
unsure.gif

maybe it will sink in....or maybe not....? can always try, yeah doesn't help when there are "rumours" about "news" that has "additional not true information" that's incorrect... sometimes this can lead to people flaming you or questioning this/that/ the other etc. or help towards making you look a bad person..

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I like the idea of using a Gamecube controller connected to the wiimote. I'd definitely consider a purchase if it was cheap, I doubt I'd try to build one though. Hey I'm lazy. Last hardware project I tried like that was an Adaptiod. I assume it is not a really simple bit of rewiring.

I have no idea about the politics in the arguments, but from referring to the linked thread, Marcan's response seemed very well composed and basically pointed out his problems with Brakken's announcement. It must be very annoying to spend a lot of time on a project and then have it misreported. Worse if it happens more than once by the same person.

He has asked the guy not to post news about his stuff if he cannot get it correct. Seems reasonable to me.

Oh and Diabetes is no excuse, my wife is diabetic and I know many other sufferers. Possibly the "Are you blind?" comment was a bit off colour when you consider this a real possibility for a diabetes sufferer.

Life threatening...yes!
Life changing...yes!
Bad reporting skills...NO!

He should stick to simply copying and pasting if he cannot understand what he is posting. This was suggested to him previously when earlier errors were posted.

I fully sympathise with the health problems, but posting whilst not 100% just leaves you open to making a mess of the post.

I am unlikely to start visiting the site as three similar errors makes me doubt the validity of the news being posted. I'll take Brakken's advice to other who made suggestions on his forum on how to improve his reporting and F*** Off from his site.

*edit* btw I'm no "fan" of either guy, I havent hacked/chipped my Wii and do not frequent the other site. Just passing on my own opinion on the situation. Due to my own EGO i like to comment. Not meant as a flame in any way.

Quite enjoyed reading up on the previous news and the speculation they provoked. I might have to look a bit further into homebrew on the Wii.

dukenukethis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to buy one of those or build one myself, the biggest problem I have with using a gc controller with the wii is that you still have to have a regular remote to get the games started. I always use gc to play Brawl and it pisses me off that I have to start the game with a remote then switch to the gc controller.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice to see the violence has finally toned down abit, How about you next work on a NES pad that would be sweet
biggrin.gif
Unless there is already one out?...Which now i think there probably is
ohmy.gif

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't really have to say anything about it anymore... and I don't even care for guy with afro brekken either...he's just out to make a dime and throw contests to keep people interested so they will eventually spend some loot with him.... but anyways.. it's just nice to be nice as a friend has said to me... and i don't understand why everyone can't just be nice and read shit before they post stupid shit... me included sometimes...i guess we all get a little anxious at times.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When they are out in the market I'll buy an adapter, I still have my NES somewhere in my mom's place, and, can it also be adapter for the Atari 2600 controllers???
biggrin.gif

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
marcan said:
zidane_genome said:
third, yes, this is a cool thing, but there is way too much modding needed for the average joe to do. If there was a box you could plug a GC controller into that pluged into the Wii Remote, yes, that would be awesome, but this is a complete remake of the controller.
This is precisely a box where you plug in the GC controller. Okay, it's not a box yet (it's on a breadboard), but it will be soon. Neither controller is modified at all. That's the point. I know anyone can rig up a Classic's guts to the GC pad buttons and sticks, but the nice thing is that this is an entirely separate part that doesn't touch the existing hardware at all.

So it's basicly like a GameCube-Controller adapter for the pc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.